facebook

spring cob

by: Hopeful

My best friend thinks she can help get me a bid to her sorority spring semester. Do I still need to fill out the spring rush interest form on the UGA Panhellenic website, since I am really just hoping for a bid to my friend's chapter?

Posted By: Hopeful
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yes   

I would just because it might not work out and you don't want to be stuck with only 1 sorority. If you get dropped then what are you going to do?

By: Yes
#2  by: honey...   

This is really not how COB (or any recruitment) works. Having a friend in a sorority is great if you're interested in COB/formal recruitment, because you can get a feel for the chapter and they can get to know you, but it does NOT guarantee a bid. If chapter total is in the 200s, and you have only one friend, they won't likely have a lot of influence to pull you in over another PNM. If that friend introduces you to 20+ sisters who all become your friends and they all want you in the chapter, that's another thing. But nothing in recruitment is ever certain, so don't discount another chapter (every one at UGA is great) just because you have a friend in XYZ. Who knows, you may fall in love with ABC instead!

By: honey...
by: HmmNov 13, 2017 3:58:17 PM

100% this. Also most sororities only invite people to spring cob events if they know people in the chapter. So even if your friend gets you invited to her sorority's events, you'll be competing against all the other PNMs who also have friends in the chapter. Knowing people is the best way to get an invite, but it will never guarantee a bid.

By: Hmm

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.