facebook

true ranks once and for all

by:    

Order within tiers varies based on who you ask. How the tiers are divided is what matters

Top:
Phi Mu, ADPi, KD, Kappa, Zeta
Lower Top:
Theta, Chi O, AOPi
Middle:
DDD, AXO, DZ,
Lower Middle:
SK, Gamma Phi, Pi Phi, DG, AGD
Bottom:
DPhIE, SDT, Alpha Phi

Comments about "controversial" ranks
Theta - great sorority, but not top due to dirty rushing, social probation, and taking tons of legacies. Also they don't seem as involved on campus as the top tier houses.
Zeta - I know Zeta is usually ranked lower top on this site, but the general consensus around campus is that they're a top house. Very sweet girls.
SK - great upperclassmen and definitely not a bad house. However the houses about them (DDD, AXO, DZ) all had an amazing rush this year, and SK didn't recruit on that level this year. Also all the other lower middle houses seem to be stepping their game up, and it seemed like SK was competing with them more this year. SK is probably between tiers, but I'd group them with lower middle based on this year.
Alpha Phi - I personally don't view this as controversial since they're new, took a small colony, and haven't had a chance to do formally recruitment. They're going to great lengths to show off their prettiest members on social media, but they seem overly obsessed with looks, so I view that as a weakness not a strength. It's 2017 and their nationals needs to realize the importance of encouraging a sisterhood that values empowering genuine, diverse women instead of telling their members that only looks matter. (This goes for a lot of chapters btw, but it really bothers me how strongly alpha phi's nationals push superficial fakeness on allll their colonies and chapters). And I blame the national organization much more than the colonizing members.

Posted By: Dawg
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Wow, why not just tell everyone you're a Zeta?

By: LOL
by: Hi   

Meh I have to agree with OP on this one. I swear I'm not a Zeta, but the ones I've met are all really pretty and nice. They also seem to really care about their philanthropy and I've never met anyone in person who doesn't like them. They were the other house I prefed, so I feel like I got to know them decently well

By: Hi
#2by:    

This is mostly right. I'd just move Phi Mu to lower top, then have an upper middle tier with AOPi, DDD, and DZ. I'd put SK and AXO in the middle tier together, then leave the rest of lower middle the was OP made it.

DZ and DDD did well this year, but I don't think AXO had the best rush, and SK is still above GPhi. Yes, that creates an extra tier, and the middle tier only has 2 houses, but that seems like the most accurate way to divide them.

By: Almost
#3by:    

Regarding Alpha Phi -It's true that it's shallow to show off the prettiest members constantly on social media. I agree that they do this, but to be fair, isn't it also shallow to rank organizations? Reflect on this: you are using looks as one of your criteria to rank the organizations. I believe that you fail to see the cause of their actions. Ranking is shallow and it bears shallow fruit. See the pattern?

By: ugh

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Dawg   

OP here, I definitely see how it can be shallow to rank sororities, and generally think we would all be better off without this site. However people do judges, and I tried to base my rank off of overall perception of each chapter from what I've heard from other people, as well as other factors (dedication to philanthropy, campus involvement, personalities of girls I know/have heard about in each chapter, social calendar etc...) yes looks are a part of it, but there are many other factors that matter more.

Also my main issue with alpha phi isn't even the colony here - it's the attitude of their nationals. I know girls in alpha phi at several different schools - Kennesaw where they're top, as well as schools where they have a bad reputation. The one I've talked to about the UGA colony have all said they felt pressured from advisors to be better than other chapters, recruit pretty girls with great Instas etc..., even if they feel those girls would not be good additions to their chapter. Now my APhi friends obviously like their sorority/feel like it has been a positive thing for them, but for their nationals to be so shallow, and based on what we've seen from the colony here so far, I worry that they won't be a good addition to our Panhellenic community.

The other low ranked houses all have things they could try to improve if they want to be more highly desired during recruitment, but they're all overwhelmingly positive to Greek life as a whole at UGA. I really hope alpha phi will be the same way, but so far it seems like that may not be the case.

By: Dawg
by: @Dawg   

Why is this so important to you? You literally wrote novels to bash on the Alpha Phis. Who cares? You do you, let them do them. Everybody just needs to worry about their own houses.

By: @Dawg
by: @Dawg   

Also, DAWG, I just looked at Kennesaw"s Page...THEY DON"T EVEN HAVE AN ALPHA PHI CHAPTER. LOLOLOLOL

By: @Dawg
#4by:    

I feel like they should not be judged until they are out of colony status
: particularly in things like hearsay and philanthropy. Can we just give them a chance? They deserve to be given the benefit of the doubt without the negativity. Casting doubt on their contribution to Greek Life at this point is certainly not a "positive contribution".

By: gh
#5by:    

Seriously!!!?Can you just stop worrying so much about this. 95% of us don't care about ranks and tiers. You 5% that are constantly ranking and tiering make us all look bad and UGA's greek life look incredibly petty, shallow and hateful. Nobody cares about your opinion. All houses are great here and we all have friends in different houses top, middle, and bottom. There's not a lot of difference between any of them. Let people be already!!

By: Seriously!!!
#6by:    

We all know yall are good but not on XO or Thetas level yet sorry. Yall probably never will be. Its just how it is.

By: KD and ZTA.
#7by:    

All the Alpha Phi's are downvoting this bc of the comments, but the rank itself is actually spot on

By: Lol
#8by:    

It’s not spot on, it’s irrelevant and based on your subjectivity and shallow opinions. Sorry to call you out but someone needs to. No body is better than anybody else. We’re all just different with different opinions.

By: Nope

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.