facebook

spring rush

by:    

I am a freshman and got dropped during fall recruitment I signed up for spring rush but i heard the sororities have to know I'm doing it to offer me a bid if they want me. I know which sororities I want. Does anyone know what ones are doing spring rush? Bc I have heard Members dropping before initiation or getting kicked out but I didn't know if one dropping= one open spot to fill

Posted By: Sr
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

"I know which sororities I want" - there's your first problem. That sense of entitlement probs got you dropped in the fall

By: ...

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: no   

I got dropped ie I was open to a lot. I would be happy in most- there are just a few where I don't see myself. I don't see any as best or worst and I went into rush with An open mind. I found a lot I liked in the process and I have met a lot of girls in different ones so I know which pledsge classes I get along with I just didn't know if there sororities were doing open rush .

By: no
#2by:    

Alpha phi is doing something like they did in the fall (or so I've heard) and they are awesome so def look into that! Also I heard of lots of girls dropping before initiation so they might. DPhie, dg, gamma phi (maybe I heard they had a lot drop but they also had large pledge class so may not need to fill spots) dz maybe sk maybe but it all depends and who you know is important too

By: ...
by: Hi   

Alpha Phi's retention rate was awful this semester. They took so many stuck up girls who couldn't handle being in a bottom tier house so they dropped. They'll have to take a ton of girls in the spring.

DPhiE will also take a large spring pledge class most likely. It's hard for these new houses to establish themselves here so they'll probably have open events as well.

DG, AGD, Pi Phi, Gamma Phi, AXO, and SK will all most likely have small recruitment events that are invitation only meaning that you need to know at least a few girls in the chapter to submit your name for you. These houses typically take anywhere between 2-15 girls in the spring depending on how many girls dropped or graduate in December each year.

Literally every other chapter might or might not do a small spring recruitment as well, but you have to have very strong connections to the chapter. If you have any doubt as to whether you'd be considered for a spring bid, that means you won't get on. These houses don't have to do spring COB, but they'll typically have a few open spots for girls they know they want in their chapters.

By: Hi

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.