facebook

sorority rush

by:    

How difficult is sorority rush for someone out of state?

Posted By: outofstate
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

BUMP

By: OK
#2by:    

impossible lmao good luck all about who you know

By: lmso

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

I think it pretty much sucks for everyone no matter if your out of state or not.

By: MHM
by: Guaranteed bids   

Chi O and Theta legacies would politely disagree with that statement

By: Guaranteed bids
#4by:    

Not hard as long as you still know people here

By: Ho
#5by:    

Honestly it's going to be very difficult. I went through recruitment last year as an in state student and was cut from every house. I ended up getting a spring bid after making a friend in one of the houses.

And I had a 4.0 out of high school, great extracurriculars, good appearance, etc.

By: .
by: Yep   

First of all: getting cut from every house doesn't happen that often, but it's definitely possible for a perfectly good pnm to slip through the cracks just based on the number of girls who rush. So many girls who probably would fit in just fine in a mid or top tier house end up getting cut everywhere or ending up in a lower ranked house than they expect.

Also: all the things that PNMs try to show off (GPA, high school involvement etc...) don't matter much in recruitment. It's allll about how well you hold a conversation compared to the other PNMs, how you look compared to the other PNMs and how many connections you have compared to the other PNMs.

By: Yep
by: @Yep   

This may delve too much into MS, but I think the deal with extracurriculars is a funny business. As far as I know, no chapter ranks/scores PNMs with points towards involvement - you don't get 10 points for being head cheerleader or in NHS. Rather, demonstrating you're involved, that you can balance that involvement with school work and a social life, and by talking about it in order to form connections or share your experiences, is what earns you a high score.

By: @Yep

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.