facebook

if you had to go through rush again...

by: Thoughts?

If you had to go through rush again, would you still choose your same house or do you think you would pick a different one?

I'm curious to see how everyone feels about their current experience in all different houses. I have definitely enjoyed my sorority experience so far, but for me personally, if I had the opportunity I probably wouldn't pick the same one. what do y'all think?? My sorority has some pretty significant divides, not even by cliques but by personality and there's always conflict between the girls who like to party and go out and the girls who are super religious and don't drink. I just think I'd prefer to switch to a house that had less of a divide and a majority of the girls were more like me.

Posted By: Thoughts?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Oh    

TROLL ALERT.

By: Oh
by: Thoughts??Oct 10, 2017 12:14:30 PM

Girl, please. I'm not even asking people to name houses

By: Thoughts??
by: YepOct 10, 2017 12:18:28 PM

As long as people don't name their chapters, this post could be really interesting to see how people feel.

By: Yep
by: Thoughts?Oct 13, 2017 12:51:19 PM

Yes I totally agree! Everyone talks about ranks on this website but it'd be interesting to see if at the end of the day we all deal with the same bs

By: Thoughts?
#2  by: Hmm   

I think all the sororities have their issues and drama. It's just easiest to see it in whichever house you happened to join. That being said, I'd probably choose a different house as well if I could because I never really bonded with my pledge class, our new member program was useless at actually getting new members involved/connected in the chapter, and the only people who have a voice are the ones who are bffs with our exec team. I've talked to my friends in other chapters, and their chapters all seem to be much more supportive and better organized.

By: Hmm
by: Wondering Oct 10, 2017 10:29:13 AM

Are you a sophomore and do you think this has hurt your sorority’s ability to get good pledge classes?

By: Wondering
by: HmmOct 10, 2017 12:17:39 PM

I am a sophomore and I don't think it hurts how we recruit much. I'm in a house that's usually considered upper mid/lower top on this site and all our PCs seem pretty consistent. We had several girls drop during our new member period this year and last year (idk about before that), but the ones who stick with it seem generally happy.

I just got unlucky that I didn't clique with my pledge class and that kinda makes it impossible for me to get any leadership positions in the chapter which is something I really wanted. There are so many things I'd love to improve about my chapter and I'm trying to get to know our freshman pledge class to see if I can make friends there. Hopefully my experience will get better this year, but if it doesn't, I'll probably drop over the summer

By: Hmm
by: WellOct 10, 2017 5:50:17 PM

I really hope it works out for you. Sounds like you have good intentions. Hang in there.

By: Well
#3  by: scarred but smarter   

I should have gone Phi Tau. I'm happy as an SAE, but feel like I'm missing the greatest frat experience of all time, somehow...

By: scarred but smarter
by: OPNov 8, 2017 4:32:56 PM

Hahahaha

By: OP
#4  by: Huh   

I didn't know much about Greek life so I didn't get any recs before recruitment and got dropped by most houses after the first round. I was invited to one pref round and got a bid there. If i could do it over, I'd like to see how it would have turned out if I have gotten recs for each house since I didn't get to know most of them well. I ended up in a bottom tier house and it's fine and everything, but I wish I knew if it's just because of the rec situation that I ended up there or if I'm just a bottom tier person

By: Huh
by: oppositeNov 9, 2017 12:42:02 PM

See, I'm the opposite. I thought I knew everything about greek life before I went through recruitment, and still faced a lot of cuts. I think what hurt me the most, however, was a certain lack of maturity. I thought that because I knew all the terms and knew what chapter had what reputation, I would be perfect for an XYZ or ABC bid. While I love my chapter, I'd be very interested to see where I'd end up if I could go back through again knowing what I know now.

By: opposite

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.