facebook

wishful for more social diversity

by:    

I know that socials will always be at least partially based on tiers/relations between chapters, but I would love to see Panhellenic and IFC implement some kind of policy to encourage higher ranked sororities and fraternities to have a couple socials each semester with lower ranked chapters outside of their normal group. Especially with all the sororities being pretty good/similar, I feel like it wouldn't hurt anything and would encourage better relations between all the sororities and fraternities. That way a chapter could get to know people in lower ranked sororities and fraternities without risking it hurting their own status. Thoughts?

Posted By: Dawg
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

It's too bad that the socials aren't mixed up more. All the houses are pretty similar here. You find the good and not so good in every house. Would be fun to meet more people.

By: Yes
#2by:    

This will never work. The "higher tier" frat or sorority will not show up to the social with a "lower tier" . The higher tier Greeks are super shallow and are not open to meeting others "below" their status. Not kidding. Uga greek system is ridiculous.

By: Never
by: Not sure   

I actually think they might, especially if their chapter was required to have the social/it wouldn't hurt their reputation to show up. My sorority (one of the lower ranked ones) somehow had a social with a top tier frat last year, and a lot of the guys surprisingly did show up. So I think it's possible for sure, but it would definitely take a serious joint effort by Panhellenic and IFC.

By: Not sure
#3by:    

I think the guys would be more up for it cuz they realize therre are hot girls in every sorority. The girls are more shallow and would pitch a fit.

By: Honestly
by: Agreed   

Gotta agree but it's because some of these frats suck. I'm in alpha phi and literally none of us wanted to show up to our social with TKE :-/

By: Agreed
#4by:    

Interesting, ^Agreed, as APhi hasn't had a 'social' with TKEs. :/

By: Sandbox
by: nah   

Trust me, you're not better than TKE

By: nah
#5by:    

Alpha phi you're worse than TKE so.....not sure where you were going with that

By: Ha
by: Yikes   

But alpha phi is wayyy to stuck up to admit it. Dang I feel bad for any frat who has to have a social with them - or even worse, a sorority that has a "sisterhood" event them...

By: Yikes
by: SMH   

^Ha - not sure where you're going with that comment. Not an APhi but know people in there. Statement was that APhi and TKE (at UGA anyway) haven't had a social yet so "Agreed" was doing some serious Kool-Aid drinking when they said the APhis didn't even want to show up to the TKE social.

By: SMH
by: Irrelevant   

The defensive alpha phis are alllll over this post. Idk if they had a social with tke yet or not (heard they've only had one social so far this semester) - but either way I'm sure they'll have one with tke at some point. Probably also phi kappa theta, phi psi, and maybe dtd if they're lucky.

And even if they get some pity socials with better frats this semester (usually happens whenever a new chapter colonizes like DPhiE or KS when they came back), alpha phi will still end up with just the bottom frats in the spring.

By: Irrelevant
#6by:    

weird because alpha phi hasn't even had a social with tke?

By: ?

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.