facebook

spring rush???

by:    

What houses do you think will be doing spring rush, or will any be doing it? I’ve heard mixed answers, some people will swear that spring rush doesn’t exist while others say that almost everyone does it. I’m from out of state and I don’t really know much about UGA greek life but I like the idea of how laid back spring rush is. I would greatly appreciate some of y’alls opinions!

Posted By: dawgs
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

So alpha phi that's colonizing has confirmed that they are participating. Dphie participated last year and will most likely be this year along with dg, agd, gphi, and dz. Make sure that you fill out the interest form on the UGA Panhellenic website as well. Hope that helps!

By: Spring
#2by:    

is it common to get a bid from friends without going through a process?

By: spring
#3by:    

bump

#4by:    

bump

#5by:    

No one knows for sure yet, but every year girls drop or graduate early so sororities have to give out bids in different ways. Keep in mind it will still be very competitive.

By: houses
#6by:    

bump

By: sure
#7by:    

Has anyone in old row ever given out spring bids

By: COB
by: OR   

I am actually curious about this. I have a close friend in a house that is considered "old row" here (even though she says that's stupid) and I'm a sophomore transferring in from Kentucky but was not in a sororoty.

By: OR
by: Or   

Chi O has (only reason I know is because a couple of mutual friends pledged in the spring after transferring in- I have no idea if they were legacies)

Phi Mu also has because a girl from my church joined in the spring is a sophomore

By: Or
by: Yes   

I'm pretty sure all/almost all chapters have taken some girls in the spring in the last few years. They almost always have a few spots from girls who graduated/transferred/dropped in the fall semester, and it really isn't a bad thing for a chapter. No one usually hears about it though because top/upper mid houses (and even some of the lower ranked houses) are very exclusive about it. They either specifically reach out to the specific girls they want to pledge or they have a small informal recruitment week where they invite girls who are already close to the chapter then extend bids to the top girls from those events until they meet chapter total.

When spring recruitment looks bad is when houses like AXO/Pi Phi/GPhi/AGD/DG used to have huge events that were open to anyone who filled out the Panhellenic interest form. Now, even those chapters are much more selective and the big events are pretty much just limited to DPhiE and Alpha Phi.

Tldr: almost everyone does spring - you can get a bid anywhere in the spring if you're friends with the right people. Otherwise, your choices are limited to DPhiE and APhi unless you get a lucky invite to DG, ADG, Pi Phi, or Gamma Phi, (but you still typically need to know at least a couple girls in those chapters)

By: Yes
#8by:    

once you already sign up for spring rush on panhellenic's website then will individual sororities contact you? and do you have to know a ton of upperclassmen for them to even consider you? basically all you give panhellenic on the website is your name so

By: question
by: Insider   

Yes, once you sign up for Spring Recruitment, houses who are interested will contact you. DPhiE and Alpha Phi are likely to hold open recruitment events (meaning anyone can attend), whereas many of the other houses will have a fairly small invite-only list for their events, typically because they only have a few slots to fill. Many of these women will know current sisters, be legacies, etc.

By: Insider
#9by:    

bump

By: bump

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#10by:    

bump

By: bump

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.