facebook

kd trying to be "old row"??

by:    

Have heard that KD ask trying to associate themselves as old row.. do they understand that old row means the sororities that have been on campus the longest? You can't just decide to be old row one day, it's legitimately a history thing..
I guess if you're a KD that's a hard concept to understand though

Posted By: jesus
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

If being oldest on campus is "Old Row" then time to move Theta, ADPi and KKG and put in AGD, KD and SDT

Phi Mu 1921
Chi Omega 1922
Alpha Gamma Deltta. 1923
Kappa Delta. 1924
Sigma Delta Tau 1924
Alpha Delta Pi 1933

By: Lol
by: @lol   

Fair enough

By: @lol
#2by:    

Old row was a term we ripped off from Bama. Doesn't include the oldest sorority but signifies being the most prestigious/exclusive based on the type of girls being recruited.
KD is far from old row, they may get pretty girls but they aren't recruiting the same types of girls as old row.

by: LOL   

Contradicts Jesus (OP). Just let Bama keep the "old row" culture and have UGA Greeks behave in manner befitting and complementary to their founder's ideals and ritual...not against them.

Let's build each other up and not tear each other down.

By: LOL
by: Well...   

At Alabama the term old row is used only for fraternities not sororities!

By: Well...
by: old row    

old row is used for frats and sororitys at alabama ^^^

By: old row
#3by:    

nobody cares about this old row bs can you shut up already

By: stop
#4by:    

Are you a guy that wishes he were in a sorority? Really, this is done.

By: Fink
#5by:    

Actually the term "OLD ROW" makes more sense to be used here than at Bama, because it refers to the ROW of the FIVE PHYSICALLY OLDEST HOUSES on Milledge! like the dates when the houses were built for families to live in, before they were ever occupied by sororities.

I don't know how/why those 5 certain sororities ended up in those specific houses and whether or not it was intentional, but they do share an association with eachother that the other houses don't.

For a long time KA and SAE socialized only with those 5 sororities. Idk if that's still the case.

By: LOL

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: so...   

you're saying that the "best" sororities at UGA are determined by the physical construction date of houses that weren't even built for sororities to live in? this is how we're determining quality women? not grades, involvement, or events, or even beauty, but when an irrelevant house was built?

By: so...
by: Lol   

Ummmmmm but Chi O way back in the day used to be in the house gamma phi is in now so idk what ur talkin
About

by: What   

How elitist. Wow .

By: What
by: no   

DphiE and DG are in between as well. Does that make them Old Row?

By: no
#6by:    

No.
Just no. KD is not old row. Yes they're in the top but them, ZTA and AOII are the only non-old row sororities to be considered "top" or lower top.
KD is up ATO ass, definitely not old row

By: No
#7by:    

I'm sorry, I'm a bit confused. I heard KDs nationals were going bankrupt ? So why are they even relevant atp ? I mean unless money comes up from somewhere won't they just all shut down ?

By: What ?
by: @lol   

Not really ! I'm actually from a different school and our KD chapter can't afford to build a house currently. It's a legitimate rumor where I'm from, that people literally talk about all the time, so I agree with OG's question.

By: @lol
#8by:    

Bump

By: Wo
#9by:    

bump

By: yup
#10by:    

There was a blog circulating from another smaller university around here that a girl from KD wrote about how she hated her chapter because they were terrible people . It was good read haha .

By: Scandalous
by: Lol   

Wait where was she a KD at and where can I read this blog lol

by: @Lol   

I believe it's Valdosta State OG is talking about? Unless there's another KD hate blog, which is believable. I don't know the link but I'm sure if you search hard enough you can find it. OG is correct though! It's a very nice read haha.

By: @Lol

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.