facebook

chances of cob?

by:    

Hello, so I had a sort of rough Freshman year and I decided to rush this year as a sophomore in hopes of making new friends and finding a "home" on campus since I haven't found that yet. I fell in love with one sorority, however they dropped me after round 2 and I ended up withdrawing from recruitment. I tried for Alpha Phi but they also dropped me, so I've been feeling very down for the past few weeks. Can anyone give me an idea of how likely a COB call is? I've heard other girls getting calls so I feel like my chances are slim to none. I've also already put in my interest form for spring rush and I am hoping to meet some nice frat guys and maybe be a sweetheart for a frat. I grew up with 4 brothers so I'm more comfortable around guys anyway but I need some sisters. How likely is any of this to happen?

Posted By: sadsophomore
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

definitely try spring rush! spring rush is a bit more low key so try to get friends in sororities to write your name down when the time comes! best of luck!!!

By: .
#2by:    

Totally try spring rush!! It's less chapters and far less girls. It will be a lot easier and a lot less overwhelming. Best of luck :-)

By: Yes!!
#3by:    

I was on the interest list for last semester's spring rush however I only got contacted by two sororities and I know more than just those 2 accepted some girls for Spring- any ideas on why I only got contacted by 2 and not all of the sororities participating in spring rush? I heard some just take girls that are already friends with a lot of girls in the sororities so how should I go about meeting more sorority girls?

By: sadsophomore
by: COB    

I would say that they are right many sororities only take girls who they already know but there are a few chapters that take large amounts of girls in the spring and hold big open events like dphie and alpha phi. If there are literally any meet the Greeks events or any way that you can possibly get to know the girls in the chapters I would! Also: if you graduated with anyone from high school and they are in a chapter that normally takes girls in the spring network to them and let them know you're going to rush for the spring! Did you fill out that interest form again?

By: COB
#4by:    

@COB yes I filled out the interest form again, and I'm wondering if I would possibly be able to get into the one I loved during formal recruitment during spring rush. The only problem is I don't actually know any girls in that sorority

By: sadsophomore
by: COB   

I would maybe contact Panhellenic or even try and contact the chapter and just ask like "hey I'm interested in spring rush and I was wondering if your chapter was going to participate?" It doesn't ever hurt to ask! They might take you up on your interest and try and talk to you and invite you to things just because you show how interested you are in their chapter.

By: COB
#5by:    

find out what clubs sorority girls are involved in and join them! don't be creepy/act like you're only joining to be their friend, but clubs and activities are such a great way to meet people plus they look great on a resume. best of luck :)

By: dawgs
#6by:    

I mean you can always join dg or dphie. Don't worry about it, if you're personable enough you can go wherever. There are girls of varying attraction in every sorority, even the so called top tier. Just be friendly and cool.

By: .

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Not true   

DG and DPhiE cut girls during all the time. They don't have any obligation to take a girl more than any other chapter lol. No chapter is a safety net in case all else fails, and that attitude is part of the problem with this site. Heck just look at how many PNMs dropped out of recruitment then were disappointed when even alpha phi cut them. Just because a chapter is newer or lower ranked doesn't mean they have to take the rejects from other houses

By: Not true
#7by:    

could a friend get you in in the spring even if her chapter is not participating in formal COB?

By: cob
by: I'm not sure    

That I don't know and I'm not sure if they would be allowed to do a quota addition on that basis. I would contact Panhellenic about that specific question because it could be out of guidelines and rules.

By: I'm not sure
#8by:    

Good luck

By: Ginger Sal

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.