facebook

alpha phi opinion

by:    

First off I'm not an alpha phi and I don't think everyone who posts about alpha phi is one. It's very obvious also that there are people posing as alpha phi for the sole purpose of making them look bad and so many people are buying it, come on we go to UGA guys we should be smarter than this. Now I'm in a house that's usually ranked "top" on here and I think alpha phi got some very pretty girls. There are several that I know/know of and they all have good reputations. Obviously they just all pledged and are not even initiated yet but in my opinion they will be above DPhiE by next year and it won't be very hard for them to surpass AGD and DG in the near future because let's face it- PNMs are simply more likely to desire an attractive house. I think they have a great first pledge class and all the hate is from the worried bottom tier.

Posted By: Uga
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Thanks for such a civil and logical post, but I respectfully disagree. I don't think the quality is as high as you claim. I have seen the photos from bid day and they are really similar to DPhiE. You want to assume they are better because Alpha Phi has a stronger national rep than DPhiE does, but in reality Alpha Phi didn't even come out of the gate as strong as DPhiE did. Alpha Phi 173, DPhiE 210 bids given.

I am not saying that Alpha Phi is bad or struggling, I am just stating that in reality they are no better off than DPhiE was in this stage of the game.

By: meh
by: Aphi   

its not a bad thing that they gave out less bids, over 300 girls rushed them and they chose to be selective . I'm not saying one strategy is better than another just saying what happened

By: Aphi
by: Sage   

If you look at campus total just 6 years ago, it was below 200. Why do you think Panhellenic looked at expansion? The size of this year's freshman class inflated quota and total. Give it a few years and it will level off closer to 200 again. No rush for Alpha Phi to jump up to 278. They definitely had the interest, but it is better and wiser to develop a much smaller group than to jump all in with 278 from the start.

By: Sage
#2by:    

I wish all discussion was this civil and well articulated. A lot of people are defending Alpha Phi's decision to take a smaller pledge class, but it really showcases how little interest there was in the colony. For them to be selective, they ended up well under chapter total. I'm not sure that's completely their fault though because UGA seems to be trying to have a system where basically everyone gets a bid, and with DPhiE still being new and quota being high, there just weren't many girls left for alpha phi to take. That same mentality of wanting to find a place of all PNMs is exactly what makes it impossible for anyone to get out of bottom tier, so unfortunately DPhiE and Alpha Phi have very little chance of shaking up the ranks unless the system changes. That's just one more reason I wish we could have an 80% acceptance rate for rush instead of the 95% we're currently stuck with... sorry for the rant, it just sucks to see chapters trying so hard to improve but constantly being screwed over by the system

By: Agree with meh
by: I respectfully disagree    

I honestly think that the 95% acceptance rate is good. No girl wants to go through rush and not find their home. Let's be honest, ranks are very subjective and based on opinion. I think every single chapter at UGA is good and unique in its own way. Certain chapters will take different types of girls and there truly is a place for everyone. I think it's okay that alpha phi took a smaller pledge class because of the high acceptance rate. Their chapter will continue to grow over the years and for now it's nice to have a smaller pledge class because the girls won't be as overwhelmed like the bigger chapters' girls are. Not to say your opinion isn't valid but I would much rather have a higher acceptance rate so every girl finds their home.

By: I respectfully disagree
by: someone   

No! It does not showcase little interest. There were a lot of girls that went through recruitment. They were selective in who they invited to pledge. 170 is a common number for a colonizing pledge class.

By: someone
by: ^   

Exactly. Over 300 girls rushed APhi and they took just over 50%. That does not show lack of interest, the fact that you're writing massive paragraphs trying to prove your point just goes to show how badly you want people to believe you. APhi colonies are always well under total and take a look at all the recent chapters - you'll see posts about how quickly they've moved up the ranks. It works, it's intentional and it's why APhi has such a strong reputation nation wide.

By: ^
#3by:    

What 95%? Out of 1736 girls that rushed, only 1300 or so pledged. That's no where near 95%. Am I right?

By: someone
by: well   

girls end up dropping during the process even as late as bid day so that probably helps it round closer to 95%

By: well
#4by:    

I love how you come on here and immediately start bashing other chapters. All have different types of girls - that does not mean that any one is better than another. Stop talking about surpassing anyone and just strive to be nice girls for once. The elitist attitude in uga greek system and certain chapters is ridiculous. This includes the frats too. Get over yourselves alpha phi.

By: Reallly
by: Someone   

I feel like alpha phi 's are not the ones that need to get over themselves.

By: Someone
#5by:    

I actually know a lot of girls in alpha phi here and I really only think they're getting negative feedback because they're new. If you actually look at their pledge class there are a lot of pretty girls and it looks very similar to most middle tier sororities. Give them a chance and let them make their own reputation before you rank them.

By: hey
by: agreed   

^bump

By: agreed
by: !!!   

BUMP

By: !!!
by: bump   

okay seriously bump this they have some really pretty girls

By: bump
by: Yep   

Being selective works - not only do you look good on the outside but bidding similar members can form a kickass sisterhood, if only other chapters weren't so focused on numbers and only bid girls they really believed fit (unfortunately the Greek system no long works this way but we'd have happier chapters if it did)

By: Yep
#6by:    

I agree completely BUT they need to stop bashing other chapters

By: Yea
by: xx   

i honestly don't think it's them bashing anyone. it's the people on this website who are comparing them to other sororities in a negative light

By: xx
by: Duh   

It's the fraternities posting and stirring up trouble

By: Duh
by: Um   

When on earth have you seen an APhi bash another chapter?

By: Um
by: .   

There was a little tridelt bashing and a lot of dphie bashing

By: .
#7by:    

Bump

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#8by:    

my opinion is that aoe is better than aot
aoe truth honor forever
aot each to the other true

Kd sucks nationally
Aphi rocks nationally and they have better secrets

Aoe!!!!!!!!!!

By: aphi opinion
by: Yasss   

well duh kd sucks nationally. only strong in the Deep South but what? lol

By: Yasss
by: Duh   

I can use Google too.....move on fake APhi. Stop trolling and move on.

By: Duh
#9by:    

Bump

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.