facebook

reality check (alpha phi)

by:    

I am a girl who did not succeed in rush for various reasons. I am strongly considering Alpha Phi. I highly encourage other girls to do the same! Don't listen to what other girls are saying about them. What I don't get it is everyone being like, "Give so and so a chance! Learn to love it!!" They say this when girls worry about reputation. However, they want to bring up Alpha Phi's national rep. It's sickening. I highly encourage girls to give them a chance. If you feel like DphiE isn't what you expected or you don't feel like you can belong, join alpha phi. make it your own. Now's the time to do it! I'll be going through it and I'm not awkward and really pretty! HAVE CONFIDENCE GIRLS

Posted By: REAL
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Definitely think you and others should give APhi a chance. Founding a sorority is a lot of hard work and while you won't reap the benefits immediately, you will gain leadership skills and become a founder which not many girls can say.

To anyone considering APhi: Remember that no one is a shoe-in for colony recruitment and a lot of girls will get cut. If you faced heavy cuts during recruitment, make sure you are mentally prepared to face cuts again.

In reality, APhi will have hundreds of girls trying to go for them but they'll probably only take around 250 and they will try to spread their first PC amongst freshmen/soph/juniors and even some seniors (since seniors are usually more mature with leadership skills).

By: Good luck
#2by:    

Really tacky of this post to call out a specific sorority instead of just saying all the sororities in general.
How would you feel if you became an alpha phi and you encouraged others to drop out and join somewhere else?

By: ...
#3by:    

Can't believe you called out a specific house, specifically the newest one at UGA.

But anyway if girls signed a bid card for dphie they can't drop out and just join aphi, unless they wait a whole other year.

And just like someone else said above, recruitment for the aphi colony is going to be incredibly competitive. They will need to recruit a lot of girls but there are going to be lots and lots of broken hearts.

By: Umm
by: Nah   

APhi will get the best of what's left. That is usually what happens when a new sorority colonizes. They will be bottom tier for a while.

By: Nah
#4by:    

I'll be rushing alpha phi when I transfer spring semester! I hope that it goes well because I'm seriously considering them and I feel like it might be a good fit for me. I hope to see you there :-) I love coming on here and seeing positive people trying to defend Alpha Phi! I know that you weren't trying to call out Dphie. People are over sensitive about the whole dphie vs alpha phi thing. I'm going to consider both this spring and hopefully I find my home :-)

By: I agree with OP
#5by:    

If you accepted a bid you CAN NOT join Alpha Phi. You are tied to that sorority until next year fall rush, so either make the best of your situation, or depledge and not be Greek for a year( or forever).

By: Reality check

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#6by:    

Girl, you need to join Alpha Phi so you can learn their values...namely "character development."

By: Yousuck
by: Why   

I think the OP was only trying to help the girls that feel like they didn't find their place during rush. Sometimes it's hard for girls to go through formal rush with so many girls going though! It's really not that difficult to understand I think that everyone just jumps on anyone saying anything positive about alpha phi right away without really listening. It's honestly kinda pathetic.

By: Why
by: Alpha Flea   

No, the OP is a crazy alpha flea alum trying to stir things up just like they do on every GR page before they colonize. Sickening pigs!

By: Alpha Flea
#7by:    

Here we go with elderly alpha flea alums coming on here pretending to want to be new members of the colony. Desperate crazy biddies.

#8by:    

By the way, if. Girl accepted a bid to another sorority, she cannot hold for the alpha flea colony. The fact that you're encouraging new members of another sorority to try to do this is disgusting and shows the true colors of you pathetic old women

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.