facebook

how does it look for alpha phi?

by:    

Will they have any good options? Did many girls left with only bottom tiers dropout to go for Alpha Phi instead? Or would those girls rather be GDI? How will they do…

Posted By: Curious
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Don't feed alpha phi's alumnae trolls. They're going to flood this post with insults about our already established chapters while simultaneously making it seem like alpha phi's prospects are WAYYY better than they actually are.

By: Dawg
#2by:    

Looks like around 500 dropped. Some will get snap bids or possibly COB (Unless Alpha Phi request for no COB)

By: uga
by: ?   

Source??? That would be around 34% of pnms which seems excessive

By: ?
by: .   

I'm hearing the same thing. Quota looking to be mid to upper 60's would have about 500 pnm's not joining.

By: .
by: lady in red   

If quota is really high and almost all the chapters meet quota, COB is going to be difficult if chapters are WAY over chapter total due to high numbers....unless Panhellenic raises chapter total or a ton of seniors graduate in Spring. Right now total is 268

By: lady in red
#3by:    

How many good, quality girls got either released completely, or withdrew from the process? I have many friends that are pretty, smart, have great grades, but came from small towns or didn't have the right in-house connections to get invited back even though they had plenty of great quality recs. And some of them may have had high and unrealistic expectations for being in a more competitive chapter. I heard from some pnm friends that a lot of girls were upset with invites yesterday and withdrew. Not sure if they are considering alpha phi, but I know some great girls just didn't get picked up for whatever reason. Maybe COB will be an option for Spring for a few of these girls once they start meeting other girls on campus - or wait until next year, although upper class quota is a risk too.

By: sophomore sis
by: Please   

If they wtihdrew sounds like they thought they were too good for certain chapters- if so then good riddance. All sororities at UGA are great! All chapters have all kinds of girls- It is awful to categorize huge groups based on a silly ranking. I have friends in all of the "tiers" and I have girls I do not care for in all of the "tiers" also. UGA Greek system is too much like high school!! Grow up and quit being so shallow!

By: Please
by: sophomore sis   

Just because a girl makes the decision to withdraw doesn't mean they "are too good for chapters" Maybe they didn't embrace the values or virtues of a particular chapter, maybe they didn't see any sisterhood while visiting some chapters, who knows. You are right, ALL the chapters are great, but maybe not a good fit for ALL pnm's, just as in why our chapters don't select some pnm's back for various parties. Just some are not a good fit (for a variety of reasons - not intended to any disparage pnms.)

By: sophomore sis
by: ?   

DO NOT rush as a sophomore if you can avoid it.

#4by:    

I think they can get some great girls

By: AC
#5by:    

I'm considering this sorority... How will big/littles work? Is it true that they get good socials initially so frats can see what they are about?

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: uga   

I know when DPhiE colonized, they had "twins" not big/littles. I do believe they got decent socials too.

By: uga
by: Meh   

They will probably get a few socials by default their first semester (think lower tier frats though) but after that, they'll be on their own for establishing frat relations and a social calendar. Most likely they'll end up like DPhiE so far and have socials with all the bottom tier frats and maybe the occasional lower mid tier frat if one of the frat's other socials falls through.

By: Meh

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.