facebook

snaps on snaps

by:    

So 2 girls on my floor about 2 hours ago got snaps a zeta and unknown because i left the bathroom while she was talking to her mom

Posted By: Cant sleep
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Zeta back at it again with the snap bids! A yearly tradition yet to be broken even though they continuously think they're better than everyone

By: Oh
#2by:    

Last year zeta was one of the strongest recruiters on campus and had one of the strongest return rates again this year, don't get it confused. Theta had to give out snaps last year, not zeta. Don't post if your misinformed, it's sad really

By: Jealousy maybe?
#3by:    

I remember zeta and gamma phi gave out a lot of snaps my freshman year(2015.) A girl that lived next to me was sobbing in the hallway when she got the call that she'd been cut and then the next day said that she'd never been cut and went to zeta. Snaps aren't a bad thing at all, it just seems that way since they try to shove it under the table and act like they don't have to do it. It's not a bad thing and they should be happy that girls are getting bids at houses they want to go to.

By: Yup.
#4by:    

Snaps are good things. Congrats

By: snap
by: ?   

Quota additions are good tings...snaps are not. Snaps mean your chapter didn't have enough girls to give bids to on bid day because they all ranked the other house on their preference list ahead of yours, so they had to call girls who got released from rush or dropped out on their own and give bids to them...
Quota additions are when so many girls want to join they get added to your quota.

By: ?
by: Me   

Nope. Quite the opposite.

Snaps mean there was something slightly off with the return formula, so the computer didn't give you statistically enough PNMs at pref to meet what quota ended up at. This is s common problem with the strong recruiting chapters because they have a lot of shared pref PNMs so two strong chapters are competing for one person.

Quota additions are not a good thing. It means you've taken new members who were not high enough on either your or the other pref chapter's bid list so they were assigned via the RFM system. While you don't invite any PNM you don't want to preference, it indicates a chapter is taking girls they and another sorority didn't want as much.

By: Me
by: snaps   

it's not as simple as that. Snap bids are a mixed bag. Yes, it means that the house didn't make quota, and that's not great. But let's be real, PNMs do make choices during rush. They get caught up in tent talk. Or, they just have to rank a house, and others drop off. A snap bid helps a chapter reach quota and also gives a girl a bid to a sorority. It's fine.

By: snaps
#5by:    

Are they still giving them out? I really want Zeta!

By: ?

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#6by:    

If I sucided and was dropped after pref, could I get a snap from my suicide?

By: Dropped LN
by: Snap Bids   

No, you cannot get snapped by that chapter. The reason you were dropped is that they didn't have any spaces left after quota was set, so they will not be snapping anyone. But you could get snapped by other houses where you went for Round 3.

By: Snap Bids
by: COB   

What about COB for that chapter?

By: COB
by: Snap Bids   

House total will be set today or tomorrow, and it is theoretically possible that they may COB up to total if they're below. But honestly, this is a long shot. You should sign up for COB, but your best option to go greek would have been to put both houses on your MRABA.

By: Snap Bids
#7by:    

bid day is at 6, are houses still giving out snap bids?

By: snaps
#8by:    

Zeta doesn't give out snap bids and 100% didn't give any out this year or last year. Nice try though!!!

By: Uhhh
by: Haha ya ok   

That's funny stuff zeta

By: Haha ya ok

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.