by:    

Any word on quota?

Posted By: Ughhh
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

the real number?

By: Is this
#2by:    

Extremely early numbers have it at high 60s. It will change as the day goes on.

By: quota
by: OOS   

Thought they set quota based on number from pref day? I know 2 girls who got calls they were dropped last night. How could they get dropped if quota wasn't set and they had to be on bid list someplace?

By: OOS
by: Me   

They were dropped because they did not maximize their options and only listed one sorority and they weren't high enough on that sorority's bid list. That's what happens when you suicide.

Quota is based on the number of PNMs at preference and designed to place the maximum number of PNMs in their first choice AND place girls who did not appear high enough on the bid lists of their choices via quota additions as quota additions. The computer algorithm runs many scenarios until it arrives at the best one to achieve that goal. That's why it's not completely set until late in the matching process.

By: Me
by: Suicide   

They had to have single intentional preferenced (AKA only ranked one of their houses they had left at pref round AKA suicided). No chapter invites a girl to pref round if they cannot see that girl in their chapter.

By: Suicide
#3by:    

Too bad for these girls who decided to SIP. They won't be a quota addition either. Is the MRABA still binding for Snap and COB for them for the year?

By: And
by: ?   

just for snaps. They can COB i believe. You only can't COB if you are extended a bid from someone.

By: ?
#4by:    

They did suicide. And got calls from Rho Gamma dropped. So they must have been way low on bid list? How are snaps being issued without quota being set.

By: OOS
by: ?   

QUOTA IS SET. But anyone who ACTUALLY knows what it is ISNT ON HERE.

By: ?
by: Me   

Exactly!

By: Me
#5by:    

One of the biddies on GC said she heard from a reliable source that quota is 17. SEVENTEEN.

By: @
by: Snap Bids   

That is theoretically possible for the upperclassmen quota. For overall quota? Just no.

By: Snap Bids
by: @   

Never mind—she corrected her post to say 75.

By: @
by: Number Game   

So it's 75?

By: Number Game
#6by:    

I had one favorite ask me back for pref round. I had another ask me back, but I never really felt at home there. Those were my options. I suicided my favorite. It wasn't a matter of not maximizing my options, it was a matter of doing what I could with the options given. It was a risk that didn't pay off because I didn't make the cut and ended up bidless today :( Sometimes it's not a matter of PNMs dropping because they didn't "get" their favorite house or suiciding because they only want to be in "that" house. Sometimes it's just a result of the situation.

By: Justbecause
by: Nnnnnooooo   

That is the definition of not maximizing your options. And you know what? If you weren't high enough on your second sorority's bid list, you may very well have been running home to your first choice today. That's the reward for maximizing your options. Sorry you felt you were too good for your #2 house. (Because lets face it, that's what the code "I didn't feel at home" really means!) The truth is your #1 didn't think you were a good enough fit. So now you're a GDI. Have fun tonight! Hahaha

By: Nnnnnooooo
by: No Sympathy   

Basically you felt you were too good for one house. And basically, you weren't good enough for the one you wanted. If you are as much of a package as you think you are, you could have made some great contributions to that "lower" house. Your loss.

By: No Sympathy
#7by:    

Bump

By: S
#8by:    

Bump

By: Bump

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#9by:    

"And basically," No Sympathy, isn't recruitment supposed to be about finding your forever sisters? "And basically," Nnnnnooooo, I didn't feel like I was "too good" for the second house. I simply didn't fit in (Christmas would have been awkward). Before you pass judgment on PNMs for making the choices they do, don't lump us all into the categories of being too shallow to choose a lower tier house to contribute to or too high and mighty about ourselves that we deserve to be in a higher tier house. Some of us just wanted to find our forever sisters and it didn't work out. But I would rather be a GDI than be in a house full of "sisters" like you.

By: Justbecause

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.