facebook

released

by:    

I swear I am the only girl on campus who isn't going to a house this morning :( my floor is so quiet....

Posted By: Welp
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

There's always Alpha Pi as an option! Maybe that's where you're meant to be ;)

By: J

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

There are alot of girls not getting their top choices and are dropping out today. Unless sororities up their quotas at least 500 girls will not pledge anything this year. There are 300 more girls than LY.

By: Uga life
by: ....   

Same here :( you aren't alone.

By: ....
by: The Truth   

Not true. Quota is based on the number of PNMs who attend at least one preference party divided by the number of sororities. So if only 500 PNMs attended at least one pref, then quota would be about 27 (500/18) and if 5000 attended at lest one pref party then quota would be around 270 (5000/18). Quota is totally dependent on the number of PNMs and nothing else. Stop spreading lies.

By: The Truth
by: Uga life   

1735 girls rushed, there aren't nearly enough places as it stands today unliess they open it up to 100 per sorority range. Come back to me after tomorrow. I will bet 500 girls will not pledgg TY which was my point that begin with. I lknow numerous girls not pledging the bottom 3 just to be in a sorority.
KD, Phi My, and ADP had most of their list before rush, don't tell me they don't when I know an insider.

by: @ugalife   

Are you dumb? That's not how quota works. It was thoroughly explained just above you. QUOTA IS 100% DEPENDENT ON THE NUMBER OF PNMS LEFT ON PREFERENCE ROUND!!!! The more PNM's, the higher quota is. The fewer PNM's, the lower quota is. This is fact. Go back to your uninformed troll hole.

By: @ugalife

1735 girls rushed, there aren't nearly enough places as it stands today unliess they open it up to 100 per sorority range. Come back to me after tomorrow. I will bet 500 girls will not pledgg TY which was my point that begin with. I lknow numerous girls not pledging the bottom 3 just to be in a sorority.
KD, Phi My, and ADP had most of their list before rush, don't tell me they don't when I know an insider.

by: I   

If all PNMs stayed in recruitment and no one got dropped, then quota would have been around 96. 1785/18=96 there is room for everyone in the RFM system. You probably won't get a bid to that top tier sorority, but you'll get a bid if you stick it out and aren't one of the few unfortunate girls who get crosscut before preference. Not everyone gets their first choice, so that's a personal problem, not a problem with quota. Everyone gets the same quota.

By: I
#3by:    

I'm so sorry this has happened for you. I have 2 pieces of advice:

1. Don't let this ruin your freshman experience. I'm sure you're devastated, it's humbling and embarrassing to be in your shoes, but you aren't who these girls think you are. They don't know you. You chatted with them for 20 minutes, tops. Obviously you're well rounded and intelligent or you wouldn't be at UGA. There are TONS of people and organizations that have nothing to do with Greek life. Your tribe is out there, you've just gotta keep looking.

2. If you still do think Greek life is for you, consider Alpha Phi. They are pretty strong nationally and this chapter will get off on the right foot. They've got a gorgeous house and that really is a viable option for you. Also, some of the current chapters will wind up offering snap bids. If you still want a Greek experience this year, there are still ways to get it.

Hold your head up this morning and know that you aren't alone and that you are, most certainly, good enough or you wouldn't be at UGA in the first place. Sending you good vibes this Sunday morning. ❤️

By: I'm sorry
#4by:    

I know it sucks but Most house do COB. Don't panic. It's not the end of the world. You will be happy with or without letters. Also, as a member of a sorority, we had to cut more girls than we wanted because it's such a small round. Just because you're not there doesn't mean you aren't wanted

By: Yo
#5by:    

Join alpha phi! Being a founding member of a chapter is a unique opportunity

By: A phi
by: Ok   

The alpha flea alums are out in full force this morning!

By: Ok
by: Seriously!   

They are pathetic vultures! They do this all over Greek rank when they're getting ready to colonize. Who wants to be with the leftovers and rejects with insane slums?!

By: Seriously!
by: Yes   

What people are saying about APhi is true. Go back and look st some older Ole Miss posts or even UF. Funny enough when they put off UF for another year all the crazy APhi posts stopped.

By: Yes
by: !!   

@seriously! there are literally so many gorgeous and kind girls that didn't get a bid this year. I know I'm considering alpha phi so please excuse yourself. Alpha Phi has great girls to choose from. Worry about your own sorority. Friendly reminder, every house starts from somewhere.

By: !!
#6by:    

What did you do to get yourself dropped by AGD, DG and DPhiE?

By: Dawgs
by: also   

It's not like the lower tiers don't get to cut anyone either. Lots of PNMs are still cut by these houses too for various reasons. Bottom tier does not mean they have to accept everyone.

By: also
#7by:    

What bs!! Don't blame the pmn. Many get cut because they do not have a high school clique pulling them in. That' occurs about 99.99% of the time. Grades, personality reputation do not matter. Mainly based on looks and who you know. The lower tier chapters cut also. A pmn could easily be released.

By: Omg

That is corrrect. Legacy and Rec letters help but are not enough today. It is looks, party girls mostly, small town South Georgia cliques that live sorority life 24/7 even after graduation. Oh, politics and money help too because soroitres want the show off to each other. Every one preaches diversity some have a little more than others but for the most part the system has changed much.

Some colleges are now starting to offer clubs to invite potential members options that will compete with sororities and fraternities, it will come to UGA soon. Mostly SEC schools live/fdie by these closed minded groups. It is not our society in the US anymore as it once was and means zippo when you graduate....

#8by:    

Very catty and entitled sorority girls at uga. Always ranking and bashing each other.

By: So true!!
#9by:    

All I can say is wow!! Thanks for the kind words from a few.
I had a full schedule at philanthropy so the houses I ranked lowest were gone forever. I don't know what I did to only get 4 invites for sisterhood. There is so much that brought me here besides greek life so I will live. That being said if any of the 4 houses I went to for sisterhood offer me a snap bid or do COB I will jump on it.

By: Op
by: What   

4 invites for sisterhood?? I thought you were released with no prefs??!!

By: What
by: Yay!   

Good for you! That's the right attitude. All of UGA's chapters are filled with good girls. You will be happy! Best of luck!

By: Yay!
by: @what   

You are dumb. The four she was invited to for sisterhood dropped her before pref. That happens especially when PNM's don't have a lot of options left, especially some of them being weaker recruiting chapters.

By: @what
#10by:    

Way to go. Rub that fact that all 4 round 3 houses dropped her before pref in her face. It happens especially now with only 2 pref rounds

By: Ur a b i t c h
by: ?   

NOT true?? going from 3 to 2 for pref has no bearing on the 4 houses she had left dropping her.....either they wanted her or they didn't. that is that.

By: ?

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.