facebook

house

by:    

Has alpha phi officially bought their house yet? Also when is dphies house being expanded?

Posted By: House
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

rumor has it they bought the house next to gamma phi, the one with the beautiful columns and huge garden

By: grapevine

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: house   

I think all the changes are still getting approved by the city, I'm guessing that they won't buy it until it gets approved

By: house
by: Hey!   

Hey APhi! We see you posting and answering yourself. Nobody is really thinking about you at all right now. Oh no! Quick, get on GR!

By: Hey!
by: ...   

Lol an author and his wife live there, that house isn't even for sale...

By: ...
by: House   

Yeah the official plans for the house are on the Clarke county website its public record so it's just whether or not they get approved

By: House
by: neighborhood hoa   

The house may not be actively on the market, but the current owners are the ones represented by the architect on the commission approval plan. They could have been contacted privately with an undisclosed offer for the property. My guess if the plan is approved at the Aug 1 meeting, then the private sale will go through.

By: neighborhood hoa
#2by:    

Can you please stop talking about Alpha Phi? Nobody cares but you. You keep posting about them and then circling back. You are obviously trying to create a buzz. Everybody knows they will be the low rent cheap dye job group that they are at Bama. That video was comical.

By: for heaven's sake
by: UGA alumnae troll   

What's all the concern and negativity regarding Alpha Phi? The local Panhellenic has been discussing expansion for years due to the growing sorority size of the current groups. DPhE was brought back and the local Panhellenic voted to approve Alpha Phi over Alpha Xi Delta. OK, so what? This new group is going to relieve the tremendous growth and allow chapters to shrink a little and have more of a sisterhood and better quality experience. Why denigrate them for accepting the invitation to join the Panhellenic community. I'm guessing very few Alpha Phi's are on this site....seems to me more UGA students and advisers than anything.

What's this whole bottom tier thing anyway? Yes, they will be new. Yes, they will initially be small since starting from scratch. I didn't know being in a sorority was about racing to the top of the social status circle or having parties with the "top" fraternities. I thought is was proving a network and connection of friends that share a sisterly bond regarding mutual interests, ideals, values, service, and love. Like ALL the other groups on campus. Whatever happened to Panhellenic spirit of mutually supporting each other. Back in my day, it was "No matter the letter, we're all Greek together". Definitely don't see it on this site. But I guess go ahead and be catty and mean spirited. That just reflects back on you.

I wish Alpha Phi best wishes on their new journey! It's been decades since that last "new" sorority started here.

By: UGA alumnae troll
by: @ UGA alumae troll   

I'm guessing that people don't want Alpha Phi here because of their low class reputation at Bama. They sort of have a history of going into places and running rough shod all over everybody. That video that became famous for only having white girls was really inappropriate. Alpha Phi couldn't even see that it was inappropriate. I personally think they are better than Alpha Xi Delta, but I would not have wanted them here. There are other groups we could have invited on.

By: @ UGA alumae troll
by: im hot   

I'm not loving Alpha Phi because of their behavior at Alabama. I hope they will behave better here, but I doubt it. Hopefully they are coming here with the intent of being part of something and respectful of what already exists. They generally do things their own way and don't show much regard for what came before them.

By: im hot
by: WEll   

Aphi is an embarrassment and Ole Miss, LSU, and Bama so idk why they would be any different here

By: WEll
by: Lady dawg   

Well let's hope UGA attracts a better quality student than LSU, Ole Miss, and Bama and much better students than the negative ones posting on this thread. I know UGA PAnhellenic chapters are much better than this. Alpha Phi isn't even here yet and we are already assuming how they will act. Pretty shameful and embarassing to this UGA alumna.

By: Lady dawg
by: LOL   

"Their behaviour" ie choosing only pretty girls, boo hoo. Guess how they did it back in your mamas days girls

By: LOL
#3by:    

why are people getting mad about people asking questions about alpha phi? They aren't going to be a threat to anyone, atleast while all of us are in school. Will be bottom for 5+ years haha.

By: haha
#4by:    

Look up Athens-Clarke County 7-18-2017 Agenda Session on Youtube and go to 2 hours and 40 minutes. I hope it gets passed!

By: cool
#5by:    

As all of this information is public record, you can see information related to the variance requests as well as the site plan and house design (towards the end of the document) starting on page 43-51.

athensclarkecounty(dot)com/DocumentCenter/Home/View/41048

By: Open Records Guy
by: house   

Wow! That will be a nice house! How long before they close on the property and build this?

By: house
#6by:    

Bump

By: .
#7by:    

Alpha Phi is just so low rent in their way of acting. I really don't think where they live is going to ammatter. They are going to be our low class sorority nomatter what.

By: jeesh
by: sit down   

Y'all are clearly threatened by Alpha Phi. "Not true" you say?? Riiiiight. If you weren't threatened by even the prospect of Alpha Phi you would NOT be talking about them. Just stop.

By: sit down

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.