facebook

for pnms

by:    

try to go into rush with low expectations because all of the top houses and even some of the middle tier houses already have a list of girls they are offering bids to

Posted By: :/
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

This. Also don't come into rush acting like you're too good for all sororities except a select few because ALL houses here have the ability to be selective and YOU could be the one getting dropped from every single sorority. Just a little reality check for you

By: yep
#2by:    

This post isn't entirely wrong. PNM's, just do your very, honest best to remain open minded about the rush process. It can be a VERY humbling experience. Every one of us goes to Athens feeling confident and prepared for recruitment. We've worked hard to look our very best- hair, nails, wardrobe, accessories, conversation topics, recommendations- everything is in place. What could go wrong? The problem is, 1600 other women have done the exact same thing! Also, there are factors in motion that you cannot see and can't control. The OP is right. Sororities do have an idea of who they might like to bid, but a great rush can change things. My point, don't just assume because you did everything right your rush dreams will come true. Also, don't zero in on one sorority early on, because that option could be taken from you. Have a plan B. And C. And please, don't assume you're too good for anyone, because, you aren't, and your rush experience could hinge on whether you're ready to take a chance on an unexpected detour. My advice? Take a chance! Most times it leads to happiness! Good luck!

By: Kinda

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Yes   

This exactly! ^ Every single word is right!

By: Yes
#3by:    

If you are hot you will get a top house. And as your hotness decreases, you will move down the ladder. It is what it is. Why do we pretend it is about anything else?

By: well
by: Not quite   

I disagree. Surely to goodness there's more substance to our Greek system than this! Do prettier girls tend to get second or third looks? Yes, but there are lots of girls in top houses that aren't exactly hot. The old row sororities have different standards than KD, or even AOPi or Zeta. I think KD does try to pick up hot girls. I think AOPi and Zeta tend to seek out similar girls, kind of spiritual do-gooders. Old row has their own specific things- specific private schools, areas of the south, and legacies. I honestly think being hot really matters to 3 or 4 houses.

By: Not quite
by: Lol   

In the south, looks are supplementary to the package a girl brings to the table. Involvement, good grades, a good reputation, and connections will go far in "historically top" houses. Even high-ranking houses who consider looks more still won't take a girl who's a grade risk. Taking girls based solely on looks is how houses change gears to try to move up. Just make sure you have flattering clothes, managed hair, and nice makeup so you're not distracting from your conversations!

By: Lol
by: ?   

There are zero grade risks at UGA. The incoming freshman class GPA average is 4.05. It comes down to connections, reputation, and conversation.

By: ?
by: Lol    

You must be a KD if you're saying that

By: Lol
#4by:    

This advice is truly false. You shouldn't go into rush with low expectations at all. I would advise going in expecting the best and being excited about meeting girls that want YOU in their sorority. Yes many sororities have a list of girls that they are INTERESTED in but no one knows for sure their bid day list until after the pref round. It's important to remember that during rush it depends on the sorority AND the PNM to decide and match. Keep your chin up no matter what. Don't go in set on one or two sororities because of what you've heard. You will be so surprised afterwards at the amount of friends you have in your sorority and other sororities and realize how shallow it was to judge a whole group of girls based on reputation. Every sorority is great. They all have part girls, religious girls, chill laid back girls, etc etc. Each brings something different to the table. Pay attention to how genuine they actually are. That's my best advice

By: Wow

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.