facebook

sophomore rush

by:    

I rushed as a freshman but dropped out due to family drama on house tours day. I'm rushing again this fall. Is it easier to rush as a sophomore or do houses automatically cut you if you were cut by them before?
Also, how big is the upperclassman quota?
GO DAWGS

Posted By: confusedpnm
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Bump

By: Curious
#2by:    

If you have friends in the houses, you have a good chance, if not you might get stuck in lower tier but that is often a good thing. I wouldn't say "family drama" It makes you sound crazy.

By: depends
by: confusedpnm    

As a sophomore do sororities usually look to the sophomores in the chapter to determine which get bids? And what is quota?

By: confusedpnm
#3by:    

I rushed as a sophomore and got invited back to tons of top-mid tier houses! (If you care about any sort of "ranking"). So I would say that its not a problem at all. But also, so cliche, but TRUST THE SYSTEM, you'll end up where you fit best (:

By: A

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#4by:    

everything matters more when you're rushing as a sophomore. the pool of girls rushing as upperclassmen is smaller, the upperclassmen in houses willing to take a little is a smaller group, and if you're not a transfer, people know you. Connections, involvement, and grades matter SO much because you've had a year to get adjusted to college life. Girls from your freshman dorm, classes, and at parties will know who you are, so it's a double edged sword - people can vouch for you, but they can also go against you. If they know what your family drama was, they can attest to you not dropping for a shallow reason.

So if you've used this year to maintain high grades, make genuine connections with girls in different chapters, and stay involved, you'll be great!

By: imo

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.