facebook

what percent of pnm's get dropped from all houses?

by: rushing

I'm transferring to UGA from Florida. I rushed in florida but I was sick during rush and I ended up not getting a bid. I want to rush because I don't know anyone in Georgia but I don't want to go through the process not to get a bid. I'm just worried. I read something before that only 3-4% of PNM's at UGA don't get a bid, but I find that hard to believe.

Posted By: rushing
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: hehe   

you'll probably be fine. greek life is alot bigger here than at UF so there are more options out there and houses willing to take you. Plus theres a new sorority here.

By: hehe
by: KJun 19, 2017 8:27:38 PM

UF only has 1 less house. Are the houses at UGA more open about diversity in their girls? Like body types and such?

By: K
#2  by: uga    

you'll be fine! Rush is great here:) be yourself and don't stress

By: uga
#3  by: Not really   

Rush here is deceptive. The statistics do say that it's a very small percentage of girls who get dropped. When put in those terms, I guess that's true. The real issue is that lots and lots of girls get dropped by all but one or two houses and then they can choose to pledge something they don't really want or remove themselves from recruitment altogether. That happened to the majority of my rush group (2 years ago). A few girls chose to pledge something they didn't really want, but the majority just dropped rush. I know nothing about UF's rush, but I lived through UGA's. It's pretty brutal, but it can be worth it! I wish you good luck!

By: Not really
#4  by: Tbh   

If you maximize your options and don't suicide any houses, you have like a 96% chance of getting a bid. As long as you have a decent GPA (passable for the sorority) and decent conversation skills, you'll be okay. You might not get into the really competitive houses but a lot of people don't and it's nothing to be ashamed of.

By: Tbh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.