facebook

tiers?

by:    

I'll be a freshman in the fall and I'm rushing. I keep seeing all this stuff about the different tiers, but what does that even mean? Do higher tier chapters get to do something others dont or something? I plan on joining wherever I like best, i'm just curious what all this tier business is all about

Posted By: new
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

tiers are basically a heirarchy-style organization of the ranks of sororities. "top tier" sororities are typically old row and have a strong name around campus. they associate with other "old row" sororities and fraternities. top tier sororities have a strong social aspect and good philanthropy. am i missing anything? someone please feel free to add anything i missed.

By: lor
#2by:    

Bump

By: ...
#3by:    

Old row just hangs out w old row, so that's who you'll associate w if you get a bid from them. The girls generally have more status on campus and people dislike them for it cause old row frats won't give new row sororitys the time of day. It's a petty system that people get mad about (especially KD cause they were technically founded here before a few others) but it's basically a system formed here based on house location and who the girls recruit.

By: Yeah

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#4by:    

Hypocrites like to pretend tiers don't exist, those who say this just want to feel like they have moral superiority. The tiers exist for a very real reason but it can be hard to articulate the difference between a high and low tiered fraternity. Some have better brotherhood, numbers, money, parties, etc. It should be noted the higher tier sororities mix with higher tier sororities, which means better looking girls on average. The best advice I can give you is to rush as much as possible and find a group you fit in with and could see yourself hanging out with for the next four years.

By: senior

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.