facebook

2017 rush

by: ...

So you can only pref 2 sororities this year? wtf?

Posted By: ...
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: sorority   

Yeah but two pref rounds is how most schools do it.

They're also changing the order of the rounds so philanthropy is before house tours. Other changes are Round 2 will be spread out over two days, and Round 3 now has 8 sororities instead of 7. Here's how the week will go:
Round 1 (Open House): Tuesday-Wednesday, 18 sororities
Round 2 (Philanthropy): Thursday-Friday, up to 13 sororities
Round 3 (House Tours): Saturday, up to 8 sororities
Round 4 (Pref): Sunday, up to 2 sororities
Monday: Classes begin, bid day

I'm not thrilled about it but then again I'm the kind of person that doesn't like change. So I guess we'll see how it goes.

By: sorority
#2  by: ?   

I like the schedule changes, but I don't like that one pref has been taken. I always felt the schedule was so physically and mentally grueling that PNM's were too exhausted to process what they were seeing. It was just too much, too fast.
I think the pref cut will be damaging to some sororities. For example, some sororities are obvious pairs. They're similar and, if given the choice, PNM's will pick the pair. Whatever should have been the third will lose girls. For example, ZTA and aopi. They're similar and tend to rush the same type of girl. Throw SK in the mix and SK loses. I don't know...just a thought.

By: ?
#3  by: 3 to 2   

Limiting pref choices to two is what the NPC wants on all relevant campuses, even those with 15-23 NPC groups. But they are sure doing it under the table by not making it mandatory everywhere during the same school year.

By: 3 to 2

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.