facebook

new sorority

by:    

When does alpha phi colonize?

Posted By: ?
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

last I heard they were aiming for next fall. Probably all depends whether they can find a house or not which is nearly impossible at this point.

By: pot

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

They will begin recruitment after all sororities complete formal recruitment this fall.

By: ap
by: spicy   

will they have a house or no?

By: spicy
by: ???   

Who is starting it? I don't get it

By: ???
by: Uga   

In 2015 Panhellenic voted to open for extension and add two houses, DPhiE and Alpha phi. Alpha phi will colonize similarly to how dphie did last year!

By: Uga
#3by:    

Bump cus I'm curious. Haven't heard much about alpha phi since they said they were colonizing

By: curious
by: GoDawgs   

Yeah when DPhiE came to campus I feel like they had social media and were on campus making their presence known the semester before. Is Alpha Phi going to do that this semester?

By: GoDawgs
#4by:    

Alpha Phi will have HQ staff, alumnae and support from local chapters helping recruit after formal recruitment. Rumor has it that they are finalizing plans for a future house on Milledge. Once done, suppose to be LIT! Their new house under construction at Tech is pretty nice. They are using same architect that designed many of the new sororty houses at Alabama and Ole Miss.

By: JayZ
#5by:    

@GoDawgs okay, I have a theory: Maybe APhi isn't making their presence known on purpose. If they're going for the "sorority type," they'd mainly focus on the PNMs next fall. Not girls around campus who originally chose not to be in a sorority (or got cut) like DPhiE did.

By: seems legit
by: Harriet the spy   

They will be looking for a wise range of girls in all class levels for their new members. Some of those girls maybe never did consider a sorority. that doesn't mean they "weren't the sorority type".

By: Harriet the spy
#6by:    

Best wishes to Alpha Phi!

By: Best Wishes
#7by:    

Looks like their new house will be next to Gamma Phi Beta:

CONCEPTUAL PRELIMINARY DESIGN REVIEW
1. 387 S MILLEDGE AVENUE – MAJOR ADDITION

Request: Major rear addition and interior rehabilitation to change a historic house into a sorority house. The massing of rear living and chapter space is designed to be visibly minimal from the street. The change will require new surface parking, buffering and landscaping.

NNI & Project Information:
Commission District: 7
NNI Neighborhood: none
Overlay Area: Middle S Milledge Avenue
Historic District: Milledge
Current Zoning: RM-1(MAC) (Mixed Density Residential, Milledge Avenue Corridor Special District Overlay)
Project #: COA-2017-04-1006
Location Map: 387 South Milledge Avenue

Contact Information:
Lori Bork Newcomer/ Bork Design, Inc. as agent for Thomas H. and Ann C. Wilkins
lori@bork-design.com

By: xyz
by: Frat   

Dang a certain fraternity was hoping to get that house

By: Frat
by: Frat?   

What fraternity?

By: Frat?
by: I   

I wonder if the city will approve alpha phis request because I doubt they would buy it if not

By: I
by: hmm   

what fraternity was trying to buy it? actually curious...

By: hmm

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.