facebook

don't rush fraternities in the spring

by: rush

Any transfers or anyone else planning on rushing in the spring, don't. The best fraternities don't do spring rush because they meet quota (highest usually being 40) in the fall. Your options will be limited and you could potentially sell yourself short. Even if you do find a home with a fraternity that rushes in the spring, your experience will still take a hit as your pledge class will typically be smaller and not as strong, and typically aren't as involved in the fraternity. To my knowledge, the fraternities that don't have spring pledge classes are, KA, SAE, Chi Phi, Sigma Chi, Fiji, and Sigma Nu. They may be present at meet and greets etc as required by the university, but at best they'll just try to stay in touch with you until fall rush picks up in late spring/summer.

Posted By: rush
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: relevant   

I would strongly recommend checking out spring rush. I dont understand the posters agenda. Most sophomores in fall rush are at a significant handicap. Unless your best friends with the rush chair at a frat that only does fall rush, I would at least "try" spring......

By: relevant
by: DjsnxxJan 11, 2017 9:44:33 AM

Agree

By: Djsnxx
#2  by: relevant 2   

to further add to my original point if the fraternities listed are so much better than the fall, why would they take a sophomore? Original poster really has no idea what they are talking about....

By: relevant 2

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.