facebook

to clear things up: gamma phi vs dg

by: Truth

Apparently DG and Gamma Phi have some feud going on now and people are saying dumb crap about both houses on this site so here's a post from someone who isn't in either house. This is as closed to unbiased as I can be since everything I'm saying is either a fact or something that I've heard enough to consider it the general consensus
1. Recruitment
Both houses had a better than normal rush. Both houses had to do cob, but that's not too bad because a ton of houses had to do COB and they both mostly took girls they wanted originally that chose to withdraw from recruitment.
2. Socials
In the past, Gamma Phi has had an obviously better social calendar than DG. I don't know what socials they had this semester though. In the past, DG's social calendar wasn't very good, but they started improving it this semester by adding Phi Delt. (Idk if they actually had a SX social and I'm trying to stick to facts here so I'm not listing it for sure)
3. Overall reputation
Gamma Phi is typically thought of as lower mid tier no matter who you ask but they've been trying to push that this year to try to climb to mid tier. Upperclassmen tend to think of DG as bottom tier, but their freshman and sophomores are gaining popularity with frats. Their freshman PC tends to be considered lower mid tier quality instead of bottom.
4. Involvement
Every chapter has a great philanthropy! DG is probably a little more visibly involved on campus (arch society and Panhel exec) but neither house is uninvolved

Posted By: Truth
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yay drama   

It makes no sense for a few persistent Gamma Phis to pick a fight with DG on Greek rank. Do they really feel that threatened by DG? I mean both houses had a good year, so it's not like DG had a great rush and Gamma Phi had a bad rush where they would need to fight to stay out of bottom tier. Gamma Phi is on track to move up to mid tier and DG is moving up to lower mid so their conflict is literally pointless. Even when ranks that put Gamma Phi at the top of lower mid, and DG at the bottom of lower mid, that's still no reason for Gamma Phi to freak out. Gamma Phi needs to focus on moving ahead of Pi Phi, and DG needs to focus on proving they're ahead of AGD. Both houses have better things to focus on

By: Yay drama
by: LolNov 18, 2016 10:16:28 PM

The OP is OBVIOUSLY a DG. Gamma Phi competes with Pi Phi, AXO, Tri Delt, and sometimes Alpha Gam. NOT DG. There is no fight between G Phi and DG. A DG is obviously creating this because they think it'll make them look like they're on G Phi's level. They're not.

DG did NOT have a great rush. They were nearly fifteen girls under quota and they stayed under quota even after COB. G Phi met quota. So did the sororities above them.

DG is not at the bottom of lower mid. And no, I'm not saying that because I'm a G Phi, I'm saying that because I actually go here. The bottom three sororities are SDT, DG, and DPhiE in that order. That's a well recognized fact for anyone who doesn't troll this site.

As far as socials, SX is an old row fraternity. They don't socialize with the bottom tier.

By: Lol
by: Hahaha what?Nov 19, 2016 11:16:55 PM

Hey obvious Gamma Phi! Idk what you're smoking but y'all do not compete with AXO or tri Delt. AXO is top of mid tier and Tri Delt competes with DZ after this year. Gamma Phi competes with Pi Phi and DG competes with AGD. Like yay drama said, it doesn't make sense for Gamma Phi to keep attacking DG for that exact reason, both houses are honestly improving but most people aren't saying they're the same. OP didn't even say what sorority was better overall, she just pointed out some pros and cons of each. Also I know one of of the DGs who joined during their cob and there are like 15 girls in her mini pledge class so DG definitely met quota. (My friend who was on Panhellenic exec this past year also confirmed that every chapter except SDT and DPhiE met quota after COB when we were talking about rush a while back)

By: Hahaha what?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.