facebook

top tier girls pledging lower tier

by:    

Why did so many top tier girls pledge at lower tier sororities this year?

Posted By: Why
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Maybe they liked people at the sorority they pledged better or maybe they didn't care about tiers or maybe by top tier you just mean good looking and not all good looking people are shallow

By: Um

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Agree with Um   

As a freshman, I can add that I feel like most of the girls I've met in my sorority as well as other sororities honestly don't really care about rankings. We just all have the mentality that we need to have good PR and be the best we can be to improve our chapters internally because "tier" status really only affects social calendar and even that doesn't define whether or not someone will like her chapter. I've also met really great people who ended up in "bottom tier" houses and absolutely love where they ended up. Greek rank isn't reality and the difference between a top tier house and a bottom tier house is really not that significant. Like anyone who rushed and got a bid could have potentially been one of my sisters, and I have a hard time seriously judging people I've met based on how their chapter is ranked.

By: Agree with Um
by: you right   

NOT ALL GOOD LOOKING PEOPLE ARE SHALLOW GUYS (:

By: you right
by: Agree   

Each year it seems like PNM's care less and less about "rankings". I had a great rush and chose a mid-tier over 2 top tiers because I just felt at home at my house. I've had no regrets.

By: Agree
#2by:    

Because a lot of the "top tier" sororities have fallen behind but everyone still calls them top because they are "old row". New row sororities like KD sand Zeta killed it in rush this year. Would consider them top now. Theta had to give out snap bids while KD and Zta had the best return rates. I guess actually being a good sorority is more attractive than being catty and rude

By: Oops
#3by:    

My friend was a Gamma Chi for rush and she said that a lot of those suprises come from girls who knew PNMs in high school and make them their top girls for rush. Having friends in houses isn't everything but she said that she was amazed at how much pull they can have.

By: TBH

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.