facebook

most overrated chapters right now

by:    

AOPi, Phi Mu, KD, DZ, and Gamma Phi are all very overrated right now. This doesn't make them bad chapters or anything, it's just confusing that they're all assumed to be better than they actually are.

AOPi - yes they get a lot of girls who pref at old row houses, but they also get a lot of girls who pref at AXO, SK, Tri Delt, and even Pi Phi. They have a lot of girls who are nice people but aren't social or involved. Their newest pledge class isn't as pretty as some of their last few, and even though their junior and senior PCs were good at the time, a lot of the top tier girls dropped. The older members who are still there are really mid tier overall

Phi Mu - they really benefit from their "old row" reputation because people tend to associate them with Theta and Kappa. In reality, Phi Mu should be in the lower top/upper mid category based on looks/personality/classiness. They are really involved and have a great social calendar, but to be a top tier house, the majority of girls need to be the total package.

KD - simple explanation: they made vast improvements this year, but one PC does not make them the top house on campus. Should be top tier, but below Kappa, Theta, and maybe ADPi

DZ - similar story as KD, they did well this year but didn't pass AXO or Tri Delt

Posted By: Sorry not sorry
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Gamma Phi - even though I'm assuming most of the "gamma phi is upper mid" comments were written by trolls, I've met a lotttt of gamma phis who honestly think they're an upper mid tier chapter even though a lot of their freshman prefed at DPhiE or didn't have full pref schedules at all. Their social calendar is weak compared to other mid tier chapters and a lot of them wear letters without looking presentable (we all have days where we don't want to put on makeup but those are the days when we don't wear letters to class).

By: Sorry not sorry
by: No?   

I'm not a Gamma Phi and even if I were there aren't rules about looking good while wearing letters in the majority of sororities. If your sorority is embarrassed to be associated with you when you aren't wearing makeup, I feel sorry for you. That should not be a factor in deciding where a house belongs in a tier and honestly tiers are such a matter of opinion so please chill.

By: No?
#2by:    

This is so true! When you actually look at the quality of girls in each house instead of listening to rumors, it's clear that these don't quite measure up to the houses they're ranked around. Especially agree about KD, AOPi, and Gamma Phi. KD and Gamma Phi are just ranked too high because people are reading wayyy too much into their newest pledge class and trying to predict how they'll do in the future. I've always though AOPi was overrated. They're actually very similar to AXO and Pi Phi, and although they have a better social calendar, I don't get why they're considered upper mid instead of mid tier. During recruitment, ZTA, Chi O, and SK were all so much more highly desired than AOPi and all got a better pledge class than AOPi so I honestly don't see why AOPi is ranked with them.

By: Yes

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

I definitely wouldn't put DZ behind AXO and tri delt. Their past two pledge classes (especially this year's) have been so much better than AXO and tri delt. They have a better social calendar than both of those houses and a higher GPA. DZ isn't better than ZTA or AOPi yet, but I certainly wouldn't say they are below AXO and tri delt.

By: Reality
by: More like virtual reality   

DZ did great this year, but not last year. I agree that DZ is probably above tri delt, especially since tri delt had a very bad recruitment this year, but DZ is still below AXO. AXO is the most consistent mid tier house - they know what type of PNMs they want and each year they mostly get those girls. AXO also has a very strong, genuine sisterhood and even though they don't have the best social calendar, they are very well liked by the frats they have socials with. DZ would need to have a very good rush next year to be on the same level as AXO, and they're definitely not upper mid like some people have tried to claim.

By: More like virtual reality

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.