facebook

which soroities are know for being "overly social"

by:    

I recently visited my daughter who is a Freshman at UGA. My husband and I are OOS so know very little about the UGA Greek system. My daughter joined a soroity that is consistently reputed on to be one of the very best at UGA. Every time I phone her, it seems she is going out. Socials, Pledge Socials, Mixers, Fraternity Date Nights, Big / Little Nights, this girl's birthday, that girl's birthday, block parties, Pre Games, you name it? I see the credit card receipts: Pauly's,Double Barell, Bourbon, Magnolias, Blind Pig, Rooftop.....

We have met several of her friends and really like them. They are attractive, very polite, and carry themselves well...impressive young ladies. She assures me she is doing very well in school. Could some of the students or recent alumni comment on what houses are known for partying? Just curious if my daughter joined the "party house" or are they all like this......

Posted By: Out of State
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I was OOS and knew nothing. You'll find the crazy party girls in Kappa, Phi Mu, and Theta. However, you'll find a group of these in every sorority: but if you're in one of these you'll go out 5/7 nights a week typically.

By: Feeling for you
by: No   

Going out 5 nights a week is just a typical partying freshman thing. There are a ton of girls like this in every sorority, but every chapter also has girls who don't drink/party/go out much. One of my best friends is a Kappa and she doesn't drink, doesn't go to socials most of the time, and isn't the party type at all. She's still really involved in the sorority though (very involved with philanthropy/sisterhood events/chapter officer etc) and most of her closest friends in Kappa are the quieter type as well even though Kappa is know as the wild party house. I totally agree that OP is a pathetic troll, but still think it's important to note that people can easily find their group to party with or not party with in any chapter, and all the sororities have plenty opportunities to be social/party

By: No
by: out of state   

Thank you Ffy

By: out of state
#2by:    

A parent that is spending $50k a year for their kid to go to UGA and is concerned they are partying more than studying. Thats who.

By: out of state

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

Wow UGA is a good school but under grad years should not cost that much money. Wow. Guess I'm lucky to be in state have hope money and save my folks tons of money. On that note I certainly would not be out in DT Athens every night partying it up on dads money. My dad would have me getting a job to help with college expenses. Kids are too privileged these days and if college after 4 years is 100 thousand good luck funding a job out of school that pays that much !! Geez hope this one appreciates her parents !!!

By: College costs
by: LOL   

You are really bad at trying to sound like a girl on greekrank, Dad.

By: LOL
#4by:    

A parent OOS would never refer to Bourbon Street as Bourbon...

By: yea right
by: Hahahaha   

Lmaooooo I hadn't even seen that til you said it. Y'all are exposed.

By: Hahahaha

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.