facebook

don't know if i should drop

by:    

Don't want to say which house I'm in but my sorority is full of cliques and I haven't really meshed well with my PC yet. How much longer should I give it before I drop? If I drop I don't think I'll rush again.

Posted By: help
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Don't take the bait.

By: Troll alert
#2by:    

If you aren't planning on rushing again, you can become a full fledged member and give it some time to play around with the idea. I was in a sorority here at UGA and decided that I wasn't a good fit for greek life in general, and that's okay. But I still made some valuable friendships (namely my fam, and current roomies), but also made some really surface level friendships (i.e. the people in my PC I would only talk to at chapter, and still didn't gel with). Overall I'm really glad that I at least stuck out my first year. You'll either find your niche or you won't, but you have to give it a longer shot. All sororities are the same from within, so don't let the thought of 'well maybe if I were in a different sorority' plague you.

By: give it a year
#3by:    

Thank you both for your thoughtful advice. To the first person who responded, I am not a troll. I didn't write a lot of detail because I don't want people to guess which house I'm in or who I am in real life.

There are a couple of girls I've clicked with but I came from OOS and it seems like a lot of girls in my house already knew each other. I see actives gushing all over certain girls on instagram and I guess I feel sorta left out. My PC has gone out a couple of times but only invited certain people.

I'll give it a little longer to see if it gets better.

By: help
#4by:    

Give it some more time. And, while you're doing that, get really involved and try to find the girls in your house that you fit with.

By: Definitely
#5by:    

Some good honest info here - give it some time and then see how you feel. Being OOS is especially hard at UGA, but with patience you will be able see if and how you mesh with your house. They chose you because you have good things to add, don't forget that and good luck!!

By: Listen to the advice
#6by:    

Thinking this thread might help some other new members.
First semester is hard and overwhelming in so many ways. I would encourage anyone thinking of dropping to wait until January or February when you;'re a little more settled in all around. You'll be able to see things more clearly then.

By: Anyone else?
#7by:    

I'm the OP and I wanted to share that I was close to dropping but I didn't. I've become close with my big and other girls in my PC. Can't say I'm close to everyone but it's starting to feel more like home.

By: OP

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.