facebook

band and sorority

by:    

I'm a sophomore and trying to decide if I should participate in spring rush or just join the music sorority. I'm interested in a NPC sorority since I'd like to broaden my friend group. The plus to the music sorority is that the events are scheduled around band practice.

Are any of you in houses with marching band members? I'd never be able to participate in recruitment from the active side - don't know if some houses allow you to skip that if you have other activities.

Posted By: Redcoats
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

You can be excused from pretty much anything if you have a university event (like band practice). Idk if you're the sorority type because I don't know you but if you wanna rush, go for it this spring!

By: Hi
#2by:    

Yes there are a handful of girls in the sororities who are or have been in the redcoats, as well as music majors. Call panhellenic and tell them you are interested. They are familiar with this and can help you. Good luck!

By: yes
#3by:    

I personally don't know any redcoats in sororities but there were two music majors that I know who were in sororities, each loved their chapter, but both ended up dropping after freshman year because they just didn't have time for it. If you're a music major as well as in redcoats, you have to be amazing with time management because the music classes take up a lot of time and work in addition to required outside events. If you combine all that with band commitments, you'll really have to make an effort to have time for a sorority. With a sorority, what you get out of it (fun times, involvment for your resume, best friends etc...) directly correlates to the amount of time and effort you put into being involved in your chapter and getting to know your sisters.

By: You can try

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.