facebook

oos cob

by: Oos COB

Hi! I am a girl from Connecticut who knows absolutely no one here and was relying on a sorority to make friends yet I got dropped from recruitment. I got the list of houses doing COB but I know no one from the houses and didn't get any memorable impressions from them or stay in them early rounds. Does the COB list ever change/if I don't go Greek at all will I have a hard year? Thank you

Posted By: Oos COB
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Active   

Did you get dropped from recruitment entirely or were you not happy with the invites you had left and dropped out?

By: Active
#2  by: Well   

It's up to you whether you'd have a bad year or not. Lots of non-Greeks have great college experiences and make lifelong friends. It might be a little harder, but if you join some clubs and get involved you'll probably do fine.

By: Well
#3  by: ...   

Where can I found out what sororities are doing COB?

By: ...
by: SorryAug 24, 2016 8:58:13 PM

It's invite only for most houses.

By: Sorry
#4  by: Jw   

Which houses are doing cob? Even if it's invite only, just wondering which ones are

By: Jw
#5  by: Confused   

Also, how long does COB typically last? I've heard from some people that it's over, but I've also heard from others that for most sororities, it hasn't even started... I realize it's by invite only. Just trying to figure out what is going on

By: Confused
by: CobAug 25, 2016 3:08:42 PM

I'm trying to do COB as well and have not gotten any calls, but am now hearing about spring open bids and I am also confused as to whether or not the ones participating in the spring are the same as the fall? I've given up hope on the fall, but would like to know how spring works.

By: Cob
by: Spring Aug 25, 2016 4:40:18 PM

Spring COB is based off if a sorority is under chapter total after Christmas break. This could be due to December graduates, transfers, and girls who decide to drop for whatever reason.

If a sorority is under chapter total (almost all are at least slightly under), they are eligible to do spring COB, but not all choose to do it. A few nationals require their chapter to participate if eligible, while others choose to participate voluntarily or at the discretion of their advisors, and the rest choose not to participate at all.

Spring COB is small, low key, and informal. Some houses may only invite a couple girls they already know very well to attend a sisterhood event or just to hang out with some of the actives at the house, then they offer those girls a bid, and that's the end of it.

Other houses wil invite more girls than they have spots for (anywhere from 10-50 usually) to attend designated recruitment events at the house, then the chapter votes later to offer bids to 5-10 of them (or however many spots they want to fill). These houses typically invite girls they know and are interested in first, but will sometimes also invite girls who sign up for the spring interest form on the Panhellenic website (chapters do this out of courtesy or to maximize their options). These are still kept on the dl though - the only exception was DPhiE last year because they had open recruitment events that they advertised on Facebook. Even that was probably just because they were so new.

By: Spring

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.