facebook

bottom tier pcs?

by:    

It seems like this year, DZ, Gamma Phi, DG, and AGD all got much better, more selective PCs than they have in several years. If they all did so well, who did badly this year to take their place? I know DPhiE had a rough time with so many girls dropping after pref round and only getting 43 girls, but I don't understand how just the addition of one new house could boost the other 4 bottom houses so significantly.

Posted By: Curious
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I've seen DZ and GPhi's new classes and both are surprisingly good. I would say AGD's surprisingly bad and DG's is similar to their last year's class.

By: truth
by: UGA    

I agree DZ had a great year for sure and AGD's PC is meh at best. Gamma Phi seems to have some really awesome girls but they also had to take some girls that are fairly consistent with bottom tier houses. DG was under quota, but they were much more selective this year than they have been in the past with who they took so this year is still a big improvement for them.

By: UGA
#2by:    

AGD had a bad rush this year and the other 3 houses all just did average or slightly above average so idk what you're talking about

By: No?
#3by:    

As far as I know, all the bottom houses Are doing cob (not sure about dz though). Based on how they did during recruitment, it seems like dz, dg, and gamma phi all got mostly good girls, agd struggled a little but didn't do too badly, and dphie got screwed over because so many of the girls they wanted joined other houses if they had the chance or just dropped at pref round.

As far as how they all rank though, we need to wait until after they're finished with cob because the girls they get informally will still affect the quality of each pledge class.

By: Too soon
by: Guest   

The way they calculated total this year, at least half the chapters are technically eligible to COB. Not sure how many will though.

By: Guest
#4by:    

dz is not doing COB, they got a great, full pledge class. stop acting like they are a lower tier sorority.

By: stop
by: .   

Hi DZ. Whether y'all do COB or not, there's still a reason y'all are compared to lower ranked houses.

By: .
by: UGA4ME   

DZ did offer open bids.

By: UGA4ME
#5by:    

So which houses are still doing COB?

By: Dawggoneit

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: None   

All houses are done with cob

By: None
#6by:    

Does anyone know what DPE's total numbers are? I know they got 43 this year, but how many girls who joined last year are still there? I wonder how they'll get enough girls to join during COB since they need at least 25 to meet quota and presumably at least 30-40 additional girls if they want to be anywhere close to chapter total.

By: DPE?
by: Guest   

Total is 274. They had 160 at the end of last year, and lost a bunch over summer so I don't see them making total this year. If I were them I'd focus on improving rather than offering a bid to anyone to try and hit total...

By: Guest
#7by:    

How do you expect the new kid on the block to "improve" if the 'top tier' girls are already spoken for weeks/months before rush even starts? Maybe the girls DPhiE offered/is offering bids to this year ARE top tier but were overlooked by other houses. Stop making them sound like the leftovers no one wanted. That's insulting to the sisterhood.

By: Dangdawg
by: Sorry DPhiE    

Not all the top tier girls are spoken for months in advance - in fact, most PNMs don't know where they want to pledge until pref round, and even then, it's a tough decision for some. Plenty of PNMs come in with an open mind, but when half the girls who prefed at DPhiE chose to drop out of recruitment because they didn't have any other houses left, it does look pretty bad for DPhiE... It's really really tough to climb in the ranks at UGA, and DPhiE has potential in the long run, but they'll most likely need to consistently work hard for years if they want to improve. The first goal just needs to be to convince PNMs to join DPhiE over taking a chance on COB opportunities, and with alpha phi coming next year, unfortunately it's gonna be tough.

By: Sorry DPhiE
#8by:    

Focusing on the positive element of this post: majorrrrr props to DZ, DG, and GPhi for killing it with recruitment this year, being selective, and getting awesome new members that will give their chapters a helpful boost and encourage positivity towards those chapters!!! :)

By: Miracle workers

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.