facebook

why

by: Curious

Why did so many people drop out of rush this year?

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: c   

bc they didn't like the houses they were invited to

By: c
#2  by: Hi   

Because both AGD and DG made more cuts than usual before pref, so a ton of girls only had DPhiE left and dropped. DPhiE only got like 43 people and SDT had a PC in the low 40s as well for some reason

By: Hi
#3  by: Yes   

To both of the responses above, but I think having classes right in the middle of rush affected it as well. I think more pnms were tired and overwhelmed by the time Sunday rolled around. The drops were across the board and not just women who were left with lower ranked sororities.

By: Yes
by: TrueAug 17, 2016 6:29:56 PM

Agreed with everything said so far. I overheard some girls talking on Monday about how they had dropped because they just didn't feel like recruitment was worth it anymore because they were exhausted. And I've also heard about several non-bottom tier houses not making quota because more girls dropped than they expected. It probably didn't help the situation that DZ, DG, and probably AGD all chose to be more selective this year. Hopefully some of the girls who dropped because they were just overwhelmed will be good candidates for COB.

By: True
#4  by: Hmmm...   

I'm pretty sure DZ has always been selective - at least I know they have been for the past couple of years. I knew a lot of girls who were shocked when they got cut by them last year
Good for AGD and DG for selecting the best matches for their house. I know it didn't help the drop rate, but it's good for those houses to be able to take girls who are good matches for them.

By: Hmmm...
by: Dawg Aug 17, 2016 8:21:22 PM

DZ was selective before but they're still trying to improve just like all the other bottom and mid tier houses. I think this was a major breakthrough year for DG though since they needed to have a good rush this year with DPhiE being here.

By: Dawg
#5  by: Agreed   

AGD and DG were really smart and took some really great but qualified girls and we're afraid to cut girls. There's this block of girls that were able to cut them early on, but then got cut from the houses they had left later in the week, so they dropped. I'm really hoping they give AGD and DG a chance through COB because both of those houses are really trending up and a lot of girls actually had positive things to say about them but they were still the first ones to be cut.

By: Agreed

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.