facebook

where did everyone pref?

by:    

No judgments, please. I had pi phi and gamma phi. Only had two parties and not three. What about you?

Posted By: Pref
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I had dg and gamma phi and suicided. I know a lot of girls suiciding gamma phi actually

By: Fellow 2
#2by:    

I've had a great rush in no order I preffed AXO, KD and ZTA. Good luck everyone!

By: lucky AF
#3by:    

no one would suicide gphi

By: lol
by: Meh   

Every single sorority has at least a few girls suicide each year. Maybe a PNM has best friends in a house, is a legacy there, or just had a really great experience at that house and decides to suicide. It's not something that is limited to top tier houses - I even heard about one girl who suicided DPhiE because she wanted to be in the same house as her best friend. That being said, for any PNM who actually wants to end up in a sorority, suiciding is still a horrible idea and can easily lead to disappointment, and I have a very hard time believing that "lots" of girls suicided gamma phi this year compared to other lower ranked houses smh

By: Meh
#4by:    

I prefed at AXO, DZ, and DG and even though those aren't super top tier houses, I think I'll be happy with any of them! Can't wait for tomorrow!!!!

By: Excited
by: Yay!   

I prefed at AXO and DG too! Where did you end up @excited??? I ended up in DG and everyone I've met is awesome so far :D

By: Yay!
#5by:    

I had a great rush and preffed AOPI DDD and DZ. So excited for tonight!!!!!

By: Blessed girl
by: Congrats!   

My roommate and I both preffed at AOPi! I also had SK and AXO and she had Phi Mu and ZTA. I can't wait to find out where I end up!!!!

By: Congrats!
#6by:    

I only prefed at AGD, but I didn't get a call last night so I'm assuming I got a bid. I know it's better than nothing, but I've heard they have really high dues so I'm just going to try it out for a few weeks and decide if it's worth sticking with it... If I drop before initiation, will I be eligible to rush again as a sophomore or would I have to drop today?

By: Disappointed
by: Eligible   

Tough love here. You'd be eligible, but your chances next year are slim to none. Word will get out that you resigned your new membership with another chapter, and you're likely to get released from every house for that reason alone unless someone on the inside is pulling for you. It's also unlikely you'll get place in a higher tiered chapter next year. You're better off to stick it out with AGD if you want a sorority experience.

By: Eligible
by: Try   

I'm just putting it out there. You are Never going to be happy in AGD or anywhere unless you give them a really fair shake. From the tone of your post, you seem determined to hate it. I promise, you WILL find friends there! Why did you want to rush? Find friends? You will! Social opportunities? You'll get those. Live in the house? AGD is the prettiest one on Milledge. All of those things can be found there, so please, just give them a fair chance. There are some fantastic girls there! I wish you the best of luck and lots of happiness!

By: Try
by: ?   

How much higher are AGD dues compared to everyone else?

By: ?
by: Disappointed    

I went into recruitment with an open mind, but I just felt like every conversation I had at AGD was forced and awkward and I didn't meet anyone I could see myself being friends with so its disappointing that I ended up there. I'll give them a fair chance though and consider all my options more before making a decision. Thanks for the advice guys! So if I want to successfully rush next year, I'd need to have good friends in other houses? Also I heard their dues are around $2000 a semester

By: Disappointed
by: dds   

Disappointed, my daughter received a bid from AGD in 2014. She also had reservations, primarily brought on by "rankings" and "tiers". She decided to give it a chance and she has never looked back. She has made life long friends and has had a great time. As far as cost goes, the first semester is a bit more pricey because of the international initiation fees, but that's only first semester and it's not $2,000 (not sure what it was, but I would have remembered if it was that much). AFter that, it is much more reasonable. Also, living in the house and eating your meals at the house during your sophmore year is less expensive than living in dorm and being on UGA meal plan your freshman year. I'm glad you are going to give it a try for a few weeks. Good luck.

By: dds
by: greek   

I so wish I could meet you @dds!! You seem to be one of the very few on this site who give actual useful information. Thank you!

By: greek
by: @disappointed   

I'm in the same situation but with DPhiE. I'm trying to stay optimistic but I was bored at bid day last night and haven't met any DPhiEs that I could see myself being friends with. I want it to get better but I'm not going to stay in a sorority where I'm miserable... How long should I stick it out before dropping?

By: @disappointed
by: dds   

@disappointed,

You really need to hear from a young lady that has been through what you are going through. I'll offer you a dad's advice and wisdom for what it's worth.

First, you need to recognize that this past week has likely been the most emotional week of your life. You couple that with the fact this is the first time you are living away from home and you have just started college! Bottom line, you are too emotional right now to make a rationale, good decision. Give it a couple of weeks. I'd focus more on the girls in your pledge class more than the existing members. You have an immediate bond because you are all in the same boat. If you find some pledge sisters you click with, share with them how you are feeling. They may feel the same way. Talk it out with them. While there are about 280 young ladies in the sorority I'm assuming, you will be closest with your pledge sisters. Give it a couple of weeks. Your emotional dust will have settled some by then, and you can think more clearly.

Also, put it all in perspective. There are about 5500 young ladies that are in the freshman class. About 1600 go through rush. About 15% skip and laugh their way through Rush and get their top choice. About 300 young ladies don't get a bid or drop out. So that leaves the other 65% that didn't get their first choice. You are in the majority so son't feel alone.

Two weeks is not a long time, but if you are really feeling it's not right for you, it's ok. good luck

By: dds
#7by:    

Give it some more time. I was in the same boat as you last year. I received a bid to my #3 house, I felt like bid day and the first couple weeks were a bit awkward and I thought I was going to drop.

I'm glad I stuck it out because I'm living in my house this year and I couldn't imagine my life without my sisters. I preffed at two mid-tier houses and ended up in a so-called "bottom" tier according to this site but it has not impacted me in any way and in real life, no one cares.

At least wait it out and if you still don't feel comfortable, drop before initiation. You might as well wait since it's not like you can accept a bid anywhere else for a year anyway. If it still doesn't click, drop before initiation.

By: @disappointed

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#8by:    

I know some really awesome AGD's. Give it a chance. I bet you'll end up very happy.

By: Aww...

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.