facebook

cuts

by:    

Did anyone else get cut from a lot of houses after round 1? I did and I can't figure out what I did wrong. I thought for sure I'd get invited back to more houses. It's kind of hurting my self confidence going into the rest of recruitment.

Posted By: PNM
Page 2 of 2
#11by:    

The Atlanta girls need to stop having spring/summer parties where they tell their younger members to invite their senior friends. They are making predetermined bid lists. This practice should not be allowed and UGA Panhellenic needs to figure out how to stop this practice. The girls from small towns/cities and from out of state are at a HUGE disadvantage. Maybe they need to go back to having stricter quotas for how many girls should be taken from each region of the state. Please tell your daughters that the sororities that are deemed "not popular, low tier, or not old row" are the BEST ones at UGA to be in!!! These houses have the sweetest girls and have true sisterhoods. Don't give up!!! Accept those bids to the houses that might not have been your top choice...I know you won't be sorry.

By: UGA Mom
by: @Mom   

You're being ridiculous. What goes on at UGA is no different than what goes on at Bama, Ole Miss, Texas, etc as far as tons of in-state girls coming in with connections from home. Random girls don't get invited to those Atlanta parties - the freshmen and sophomores are inviting girls they ALREADY KNOW from camp, church, dance, cheer, etc. Whether there's a party or not, those girls are already friends with actives and have a leg up.

Regional quotas are ridiculous- and illegal. Sororities are independent organizations that have every protected legal right to their own membership selection practices.\n\n\n\n\nAll houses are good here and every PNM should have taken a hard look at every house she was invited to if she wanted to maximize her chances of getting a bid.

By: @Mom
by: Guest   

You need to get off this site old lady. Your daughter had just the same opportunities as everyone else did. She just didn't measure up and we didn't like her. She belongs in a bottom tier house. Not good enough for us.

By: Guest
#12by:    

My daughter is OOS (Western US) and had a great rush. She went 12-13 Round 1, 6-7 Round 2, and 3-3 Prefs in "old row houses". One house freqeuntly described as "highly selective" invited her to Pref round with no rec. So it is possible to do very well from OOS. Why did she do better than other OOS students on this board? A few thoughts for the OOS girls next fall.

While she is very attractive, personable, excellent grades and played two HS sports,so did many of those who are reporting multiple cuts. I was not in a sorority in college so her recs were spotty. Maybe 10 total, 2 for a few houses and one for about six more.

I think a couple of things helped. She did visited UGA for a 3 day weekend in April and stayed in Brumby with a HS friend who was in a top tier house. The went to parties, where the friend introduced her to girls from multiple houses. She Facebook friended with many and also corresponded on Instagram thru the summer.

Secondly, she met a HS SR from a GA HS that had friends in a top tier house. They decided to become FR roommates. That connection obviously helped.

What was interesting to me is not that those 2 top houses were interested, but so were other top houses where she had no connections. I think the rush committees stalk your social media. When they see girls from top houses commenting your Instagram, it creates a aura of you being a "hot prospect".

She still has to get a bid today so my fingers are crossed.

By: An out of state success
#13by:    

Listen up you little millennium entitled coward - it's grannies that built the foundation that you are sitting your disrespectful little derriere on and it's grannies and mothers and sisters and aunts and more that helped make houses throughout the country what they are so we can pass our passion on with confidence to a new generation. It's part of the responsibility of being a Greek.

What it ISN'T about is people like you. Do you talk to your own grandmother in person like you do in these anonymous comments? Seriously doubt it, at least I hope not.

Sisterhood is an honor and a privilege to be respected and should be treated as such. So pipe down grasshopper, leave the trolling alone and try to do something positive today for the world.

By: Granny? Hah!

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Please    

Don't engage with the trolls. This isn't someone from UGA Greek life.

By: Please
#14by:    

These old ladies really need to take some menopause pills to calm them down.

By: Lol
by: .2   

Menopause pills??? You are an idiot and obviously bring down the GPA of your sorority!

By: .2
by: Stop    

Don't feed them!

By: Stop
#15by:    

Hope everything will work out just as it needs to for everyone who went through rush.

By: So sad
#16by:    

I think you mean "millennial"

By: Millenium entitled

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.