facebook

cuts

by: PNM

Did anyone else get cut from a lot of houses after round 1? I did and I can't figure out what I did wrong. I thought for sure I'd get invited back to more houses. It's kind of hurting my self confidence going into the rest of recruitment.

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Rush   

7 -9 parties is the average number of invites back after round one

By: Rush
by: Georgia JaneAug 12, 2016 12:42:02 PM

Is that total or after they add back in the ones you initially cut?

By: Georgia Jane
#2  by: Georgia Jane   

Sorry! Total or before they add back in houses that you cut?

By: Georgia Jane
by: AfterAug 12, 2016 1:02:46 PM

After they add back ones that you cut

By: After
#3  by: Disappointed    

I'm hearing from campus that those numbers are true if you're a "local", not so true if you are not. I'm disappointed in my house as well as the system as a whole. Best of luck to you - ultimately the house that wants you for who you are is the best one for you and that's where you should be!

By: Disappointed
#4  by: You don't cut   

Pnms don't cut, you rank or pref all houses you attended that round. Remember that so its not surprising when a house at the bottom of your list shows up the next day.

By: You don't cut
#5  by: Granny   

My granddaughter did Saturday AM and she got cut to 4 and she was a double legacy. Somegirls got cut by all and are hysterical. This is horrible, so I understand what you are going through. You sound like a bright young lady and I think some of these sororities are making big mistakes. I just told my granddaughter that my sorority just wasn't for and something better was out there. Stay in the game and you will find lots of friends Good luck
Linda

By: Granny
by: GuestAug 16, 2016 9:08:49 AM

This site is not for old people. Get out of here you pathetic insane grandma. No one cares if your granddaughter got cut. Her legacy means nothing to us. She didn't measure up.

By: Guest
#6  by: baffled!   

Just got a call from my daughter. Today is pref round and she's been invited back to 2 houses that were not at the top of her list. She was also cut from a house where she is a legacy. She had made it through round 3 with the max number of invites back - though losing momentum with her top choices. I am completely confused in the process now (and yes, I attended the Panhellenic mtg the day of move in). My daughter graduated from a GA high school - impeccable grades, loads of leadership, double sports, abundant community service and a squeaky clean social media profile. She got 2 recs for every sorority this summer and knew a few girls from at least 6 - 8 of the sororities as she is quite the social gal. Those "friends" approached her and gave her side winks as she rushed these houses. Seems like these girls mislead these PNMs . Fortunately, my daughter has the emotional maturity to weather this storm, but I worry about other fragile personalities. I'm disgusted with the UGA rush process, and am wondering what type(s) of girls are going to become the new pledges for these sororities ?????????

By: baffled!
by: @baffledAug 15, 2016 7:57:16 PM

Your daughters friends probably DID want her to join their houses. But you need more than a "few" girls in each house pulling for you to get enough votes, or at least you need the "right" girls. If your daughter's friends are not influential / leaders in their chapter, they may not have been able to round up enough votes for her. It doesn't mean her friends didn't try!

Plus, if they are sophomores going through rush for the first time on the inside, they probably had no clue how the process worked and didn't realize every active has a rush crush- or five of them! I really don't think her friends intentionally mislead her, and hope that her friendships aren't damaged by this kind of thinking.

By: @baffled
by: GuestAug 16, 2016 9:14:15 AM

More fragile personalities like yours? A grown ass old woman who comes onto a college kid site to complain? Your daughter wasn't good enough. She belongs in the houses that asked her back. The end.

#7  by: IRememberWhen   

It is disheartening to think they do not give out-of-staters the same chance as in-staters; they are missing out on a lot of quality girls. I am disappointed in my own sorority- both my sister and I shared the same house so she had 2 strong recs going in (in addition to her high school's national Panhellenic council rec); to not receive a courtesy call informing me they were cutting her was a slight.

By: IRememberWhen
by: GuestAug 16, 2016 9:15:21 AM

Too effin bad. Your legacy means nothing to us if we don't like your daughter. Get off this site old lady

#8  by: At UGA   

All the girls have stellar grades and stellar resumes'. If you look at the photos from the week (red and black), you can see how similar the PNMs appear-all cute and well put together. Rush is ultra competitive at UGA. If your daughter/sister/granddaughter/BFF still has parties to attend, be her cheerleader. Point out great things you know about the sororities she is visiting. If you remain positive it will help her look past her disappointment. Kvetch with your friends about how disappointed you are, but boost your PNM up. Good luck to them all.

By: At UGA
#9  by: AcItive   

The cuts are hard to take but it sounds like a lot of girls are in similar situation. A lot of these girls are the ones who will end up becoming sisters with your daughters - girls with leadership, sports experience, good grades, etc. It may be disappointing but if she sticks with it and accepts a bid

By: AcItive
#10  by: truth   

It's time for a truth bomb. To the parents and relatives of the PMNs going through recruitment, I know that you think your PNM is special. She is, to you. Every girl here is special to someone. Every girl going through recruitment has good grades and a good resume filled with typical high school activities and honors. They are all pretty much on a level playing field there. There is the occasional PNM who is outstanding in some way such as being on a community's philanthropy board, performing over 500 hours of community service, spending the summer abroad in a cultural language immersion program, etc. Those type of things stand out, not cheerleading, honor society, student council, class president.

Each chapter at UGA has strengths and being offered a bid to any one of them is an honor, if a PNM doesn't think so, then maybe she really doesn't understand what Greek Life is all about.

PNMs should be give the chapters that invite them back a good hard look, those are the chapters who are interested in them. PNMs should forget chapters that released them, that ship has sailed. SEC recruitment is tough.

By: truth

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.