facebook

old row

by:    

I do think that UGA has tried to imitate how Alabama refers to Greek life. This came straight from a third generation graduate of the University of Alabama who was also involved in Greek life. Old Row only refers to fraternities and NOT SORORITIES! It's original meaning started because of where the first fraternities were actually built on campus.

Posted By: Fact
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Idk if you are a troll or what, but no uga did not "copy" bama. If I recall correctly, our university was founded 56 damn years before yours was, so please have a seat.

By: The old row "Truth" poste

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Well,   

That may be true, but UGA has only started referring to themselves as old row since the 1980's.

By: Well,
by: bahhh   

GR pulling up a thread over a year old because the alpha phi $h!t they were stirring was getting old.

By: bahhh
by: UGA Alum   

Later than the 80's and 90's

By: UGA Alum
#2by:    

UGA might use the same term but it doesn't mean the same thing. I don't know why people never seem to get that in their heads. Yeah it refers to the very top of greek life, but UNLIKE bama it's not about founding date or whatever.

By: sigh
by: Right   

Or bud light sponsorships hahaha

By: Right
by: Maybe   

I feel like "old row" here refers more to the rich/old money fraternities/sororities. Are they top? Probably depending on what you look at. But there are plenty of people who don't like hanging around the old row houses

By: Maybe
#3by:    

I hope you know that OLD ROW refers to fraternities AND sororities sponsored by Budweiser and therefore has nothing to do with founding dates. The prestige of being in an old row house is based on the fact that those houses pay extra to be sponsored and to hold the status of an "old row" sorority/fraternity. Y'all need to do some actual research, honestly.

By: Tf
by: UGA Alum   

^^^^^Exactly. UGA did borrow the OR references from Bama. Nothing like that existed when I was at UGA in the 80's. It was referenced as the Lumpkin houses, River Road and Milledge houses....no such thing as Old Row....just good groups or bad groups.
KA, Lambda Chi, SX, SN, SAE, PiKapp, Pike, Fiji, SigEp, ThetaChi, Chi Phi (when not in trouble) were good houses. The rest weren't

By: UGA Alum

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.