facebook

why brilliant women in the greek community date du

by: Louis

I've just noticed the last few years, and I know so many brilliant beautiful sorority girls who just hop into relationships with these guys that probably haven't opened a book, gone to an art gallery, or explored their intellectual growth much at all yet. The guys are chill, and fun to hang out with, but like I've spoken to a few of them, and they really don't think of accomplishing much in life. In most cases I've seen, Those same guys don't really value the mind of these women, and eventually cheat on them. I hear my sorority gal friends complain to me, and honestly I listen and I try to understand how human it is to be hurt and make mistakes, and I get that we're all human at the end of the day. But Why? Is this just first and second year immaturity? sure this happens outside the greek community, but I just know so many gals caught in the trap here.

My girlfriend doesn't get it either. Like Ok hook up with a dude like that when you're single, but why in hell would you date him for 2-3 years?

Posted By: Louis
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ..?   

What are you talking about?! This post makes no sense. What are you trying to accomplish with this? Are you even apart of the Greek community? As a Greek I have no clue. I don't know about your friends, but the Greek couples I know are good people and respect each other for the most part. Remember we are all super young adults so obviously people make mistakes and immaturity is to be be expected sometimes.

By: ..?
#2  by: Hmm   

It could be about the appeal of the simple. The simple guy who's hot and fun just can't hurt you the way someone more complicated can. When he's simple, you know the end will come before it does, and you're ready for it. Yes it hurts, and there's emotion, but when he's complicated, it's just harder to know if he's going to leave.

By: Hmm
#3  by: Compassion.   

Honestly, I think a lot of people in their late teens to early 20s just aren't capable of making those kinds of decisions well yet. You'll get hurt, but you'll learn from it, and you will be so much better prepared the next round. And there will be a next round. Trust me. You'll blame yourself, and you'll wonder how you could even have fallen for someone like that, but that is all part of the process. There's a dialectic here, and it moves forward even when it doesn't feel like it.

I also don't think this is a sorority girl problem. My last girlfriend was super involved and into amnesty international and habitat for humanity. We shared cute emoji stories with one another during our days and spoke in weird accents together at night and it was beautiful. But we grew in different ways, and that happens. She went from the person I read books for, to a girl who spends most of her days watching reality tv. She started obsessing over kardashian lipsticks. She started wearing XO shirts. She slept outside of a drake store. Eventually we just weren't as compatible. Maybe signs of what would come were there when we were younger, but I didn't see them. As a teenager I loved watching american pie esque films and southpark like stuff with her. After a few years I just wasn't that guy anymore. It's natural and it happens. I feel like in your 20s, you start to mature. And if your partner doesn't mature in the same kind of way that can suck, but it is just a part of the journey. Bless up.

By: Compassion.
by: Compassion.Jun 15, 2017 2:12:05 PM

Oh and also for the record, when someone cheats on you that is NOT your fault. It doesn't make you less attractive, or worthy, or deserving of happiness. It is not your failing, it is theirs. You deserve better.

By: Compassion.

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.