facebook

rush

by:    

Im coming to UT this fall, is it hard to get a bid from a top sorority and do sororities have houses, is greek life in general good here

Posted By: rush
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Greek Life at UofT is dope. And while we definitely have a tonne to improve, UofTs seems a lot less sleezey than most greek communities. In terms of Houses, I love gals from every house, and I expect you'll be really happy wherever. Here are a few good things About a few of the sororities I've gotten to know this year though.

Gamma: The Most International and Diverse House (Also Fantastic All Round)

TriDelt and Alpha Phi: Hottest Gals on Campus (And Just generally Awesome AF)

AOPi: Funnest and Chillest Group of gals (Down to earth and always bring the smiles)

Kappa: Classiest House (If I was gonna date, It'd probably be someone from Kappa)

AGD: Best Philanthropy.

By: SirFratALot
#2by:    

As long as you are yourself during recruitment you should get a bid from a house. You have to go into the recruitment process with an open mind because the house you might think you belong in now might not be the house you actually find a connection in. That being said each house has an amazing and diverse group of girls. And yes every sorority does have a house (you get to tour them during recruitment)

By: Sororitygirlxoxo
#3by:    

Can I just add that if you are going through recruitment I wouldn't pay much attention to the ratings on this website. The reviews can get really catty when in reality all the girls that I've met in different houses don't act catty at all and are actually really sweet.

Plus going through rush with an open mind actually really helps so you end up in a house you will be happy in.

By: greeeeek
#4by:    

^Well said! Honestly UofT greek life is different in that yes there are "top houses" but they don't differ too much from the bottom tier ones. Every house is great and has it's own strengths and amazing girls. The house you get a bid from is all about who you've connected with. Choose your house based on relationships with the sisters, not reputation! Greek life here is so amazing and it's such a welcoming community. Also keep in mind this website is not an accurate representation of greek life whatsoever.

By: sororityg
by: jaaananannn   

Agreed! Houses have philanthropies that encourage the involvement of fellow sororities and frats, so everyone is still very much interconnected and chill despite your house!

By: jaaananannn
#5by:    

How is the greek life compared with colleges in the us? Probably more tight nit and smaller because of the urban location? I'm coming from a state with a Big 10 school and deciding between it and U of Toronto. Does U of Toronto have good school spirit and are there tailgates and parties?

By: girl
by: FratBro   

Compared to the US the greek life is smaller, however there are still great Frat parties. Delta Kappa Epsilon and Lambda Chi Alpha are probably most notorious on campus for throwing massive parties. All the sororities and frats are in the same area making the greek community more tight nit.

In terms of which sorority to join, stay away from AGD or Gamma.

By: FratBro
#6by:    

Why are you deciding your university career based on greek life? UofT is very academic and a reputable school. School spirit is awful for example nobody goes to homecoming and tailgates aren't a thing. Greek life is amazing here but it's a lot smaller and less of a big deal in Canada.

By: ee

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.