facebook

stop spreading lies

by:    

None of this has anything to with A&M so it's pointless BUT people on here spreading lies again so here's the truth:

....the only big sororities that closed chapters recently are PiPhi, Kappa and PhiMu. The rest are GROWING--and Kappa and Phi Mu are growing too.
....The top 10 sororities that have closed the LEAST amount of chapters are KKG, KAT, DDD, DG, XO, APHi, ADPi, ZTA, GPB and AXO
...West/Midwest Powerhouses: APhi, DG, AXO, GPhi (chapters in other areas are mostly strong too with some weak ones)
...Southern Powerhouses: ZTA, ADPi, (chapters in other areas are strong too with some weak ones) Phi Mu and KD are also Southern Powerhouses but their chapters in other areas of the country are nonexistant or weaker
...National Powerhouses: KKG, PiPhi, KAT, DDD, DG, XO (strong throughout the country but also have their share of weak chapters and XO is the largest)

The rest of the sororities are good too and all have large national networks so join where you fit in. Don't join a group for their national reputation.

Posted By: go greek
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

KKG, DDD, and XO are particularly Southern powerhouses too, but are all among the strongest nationally as well. All 3 are best in the South though.

By: Somewhat
#2by:    

I'm not a fan of the idea of national rankings of sororities, but if you're going to do it, I think you'd need to throw in Gamma Phi. I'm from California and they're big all over that state and AZ, one of the top ones in Illinois and Northwestern where my cousins go, big in the old Big 12,and in Florida. I'm not in that sorority, and I realize that they're not that great here, but you gotta give them their due as far as a national powerhouse.

By: Yeah, somewhat
by: True   

Gamma Phi is weak in the South but good in most other areas.

By: True
by: yeah   

They're doing well here for a new house and my friend at TCU says they're doing great there. But they're not at UT and from the SMU greekrank it looks like they're pretty low. But I did check other schools around the country and they are always up there. So okay, go ahead and add them to the national powerhouses.

By: yeah
by: no   

the original list is correct--Gamma Phi is a top 12 sorority but not on the same level as the very top...I don't like national rankings either but it would look something like this...
(no order within tiers)
KKG/PiPhi/KAT/XO/DDD/DG
ZTA/ ADPi/APhi/ AXO/ GPB
KD, Phi Mu
the rest...

By: no
#3by:    

No order in tiers
Pi Phi, KKG, Theta, DDD, XO, DG
GPhi, APhi, AXO, ADPi, Zeta
KD, Phi Mu, DZ, SK, AOPi, AGD, AZD
SSS, SDT, AEPhi, DPhiE
TPA, PSS, AST, ASA

By: Real

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: good   

much more complete answer!

By: good
#4by:    

I don't know why Gamma Phi has gotten to be such a bone of contention and I don't really care one way or another, but as a person from out of state, I'll tell you that they are definitely considered a national powerhouse. Maybe not in Texas, but there is a whole world out there that you guys don't seem to know about. Just sayin...

By: ???
by: imo   

The only thing that keeps Gamma Phi from not being a national powerhouse is that they are not strong/big in Texas/the South/SEC which have the largest greek systems. I honestly don't think DG is a national powerhouse because (with the exception of Mississippi maybe?) they aren't usually strong in those areas either. Tridelt isn't very strong in the West and Theta isn't very strong in the SEC.
To be a true national powerhouse, you have to be strong THROUGHOUT the country. XO has a billion chapters but most are middle tier.
I'd say it's more like...
KKG/PiPhi/XO (still not sure XO should be here though)
DDD/DG/Theta/GPhi, APhi, AXO, ADPi, Zeta
KD, Phi Mu, DZ, SK, AOPi, AGD, AZD
SSS, SDT, AEPhi, DPhiE
TPA, PSS, AST, ASA

By: imo
by: Think   

"Real" was more on the money. XO's national expansion isn't too selective, and Pi Phi is spotty in the South/SEC. I see DDD, DG, and Theta distinctly above the others on that line, they should definitely remain with Pi Phi, Kappa and XO.

By: Think
by: Think   

Though this still isn't bad, that aside.

By: Think
#5by:    

KKG will be first sorority at Georgetown Univ

By: Lonestar
#6by:    

KKG will be first sorority at Georgetown Univ

By: Lonestar
#7by:    

finally there is some unbiased accuracy on this site!

By: yes
#8by:    

strongest Sororities in the South are KKG, DDD, ZTA, ADPi, XO and KD

By: strength
by: Throw   

Zeta in. I don't know what the anti-Zeta thing is, but Zeta is a well known Southern powerhouse too.

By: Throw
#9by:    

No ZTA is not strong in south, only string in Florida.

By: Nope
by: Wrong   

Zeta is strong at most SEC schools. Anyone saying otherwise is ignorant or lying.

By: Wrong
by: Facts   

ZTA is lowest tier at LSU, list it's chapter at Ole Miss and Kentucky. They are lowest tier at Vanderbilt. Mid tier at rest besides Florida. That is not strong.

By: Facts
by: ^   

You selectively picked schools they aren't good at. There are 14 SEC schools, and virtually every national sorority has weak chapters there, that isn't fair. Zeta is near the top at Arkansas, middle at Bama, top at South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida, upper middle at Auburn, near the top at A&M. You can pick any sorority and name a few schools to prove they're bad, but five minutes of searching around proved you wrong. I'm not even a Zeta, just someone giving facts.

By: ^
#10by:    

ZTA does not have chapter at Kentucky anymore

By: ZTA

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.