facebook

ranks

by:    

in my opinion i feel that within the next 10 years SEC oriented sororities like DG, KD, XO, AXO will rise since they are so strong in the SEC and south. keep an eye out

Posted By: SEC
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

DG and AXO aren't really SEC/Southern powerhouses. DG is strong in Mississippi, and AXO is strong at Bama, but those are more Midwest/West Coast centered in general. The typical SEC/Southern sororities seem to be more Kappa, Tri Delt, ADPi, KD, Phi Mu, XO, with some others being strong from place to place.

By: Huh?
by: SEC   

kappa is not an SEC powerhouse but the others you listed are

By: SEC
#2by:    

I see ones like DG, KD, AXO, ADPi, Zeta, and Phi Mu falling. They're the ones that are losing chapters and whose numbers are headed down. Just being good in the SEC leaves a lot of the nation where you're bad, and these are bad almost everywhere else.

By: Huh?????
by: Nah   

Disagree on Zeta and ADPi, they're best in the South, but both are alright elsewhere too. DG is very strong on the West Coast/Midwest, so I don't see why they keep getting mentioned as SEC/Southern at all, and AXO is generally alright most places and isn't a Southern based chapter either.

By: Nah
by: Nah   

Also, several of the ones you mentioned are among the 10 sororities that have closed the lowest percentage of chapters.

By: Nah
by: correction   

None of this has anything to with A&M so it's pointless BUT people on here spreading lies again so here's the truth:

....the only big sororities that closed chapters recently are PiPhi, Kappa and PhiMu. The rest are GROWING--and Kappa and Phi Mu are growing too.
....The top 10 sororities that have closed the LEAST amount of chapters are KKG, KAT, DDD, DG, XO, APHi, ADPi, ZTA, GPB and AXO
...West/Midwest Powerhouses: APhi, DG, AXO, GPhi (chapters in other areas are mostly strong too with some weak ones)
...Southern Powerhouses: ZTA, ADPi, (chapters in other areas are strong too with some weak ones) Phi Mu and KD are also Southern Powerhouses but their chapters in other areas of the country are nonexistant or weaker
...National Powerhouses: KKG, PiPhi, KAT, DDD, DG, XO (strong throughout the country but also have their share of weak chapters and XO is the largest)

By: correction
#3by:    

The SEC powerhouses are ADPi, KD, and ZTA, closely followed by Phi Mu/Chi O.

By: real
by: Not quite   

Kappa and Tri Delt are definitely SEC powerhouses too, just go take a look at some SEC schools.

By: Not quite
by: umm   

SEC Powerhouses are KKG, DDD, ADPi, KD and ZTA closely followed by XO and PhiMu

By: umm
by: ^   

XO is top tier at Alabama, Ole Miss, LSU, Auburn, and Georgia, which are probably the top 5 SEC Greek systems. I don't think they should be ranked behind the other 5.

By: ^
by: I agree   

KKG, DDD, ADPi, KD, ZTA and XO are the most consisten Southern powerhouses, not only in the SEC but in the Southeast in general

By: I agree
by: ^   

Add Phi Mu, they're a major SEC/Southern power.

By: ^
#4by:    

XO is already well established in all Texas universities. None of those other sororities exceot ZTA do really well at UT or any other Texas schools so I don't see it happening at TAMU. SEC reps won't really affect TAMU sororities.

By: Texas
#5by:    

don't think the SEC powerhouse reputation will affect A&M either way, the only sororites at A&M that will last here are the ones that work hard to be strong and have alum support. Greek life isn't as popular here like it is at SEC schools...many sororities have closed at A&M and the ones still here are survivors.

By: i
by: ^^^   

This

By: ^^^
#6by:    

Phi Mu and Alpha Gam both closed at A&M due to poor numbers, could not sustain chapters. ADPI just went through a restructuring at A&M to try to save their chspter. KD struggles at A&M, and gave up their chapter at Baylor recently.

By: Truth

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#7by:    

PI Phi, Kappa, Theta have very strong alumnae groups in Texas, DDD and XO also. They make it hard for other sororities to compete in Texas

By: TEXAS

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.