facebook

recruitment week 2013

by:    

This comment was on the site for the university in my hometown. I thought it was brilliant and wanted to share it. It is soooo true! I hope all PNMs on this site will read it and really consider what she says.

"Girls drop out of recruitment week every year because they have decided before it even starts what house they want. When they get dropped, they feel like they can't go on. They think maybe next year they can get either that house or another "top" house. BUT, if you're dropped as a freshman (freshmen get about 99% of the bids), why do you think a house will want you as a sophomore? They won't. Really. You have almost no chance your sophomore year.

My suggestion is to look everyday at the houses you have left. They are the ones that want you. Choose the ones you like best from those and forget the ones who rejected you.

The real truth is that in the greek community, no one looks down on any sorority. They do feel bad for independents as ones who couldn't or wouldn't fit into greek life. So choose the sorority that you like best from the ones who like you the best.

Please don't drop out. Give sisterhood a chance!"

Posted By: 2013
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Take this to heart- Every greek chapter at A&M is great!

Go into recruitment knowing that everyone is an Aggie and eventually everyone will graduate college with friends from whichever sorority you join.

Every chapter has cute, smart, nice, pretty, funny, and amazing girls, and even if that dream house that you wanted drops you, the houses that are inviting you back LOVE you and want you.

Go into recruitment excited to go to every chapter and not solely set on joining those one or two "top" houses.

By: Love this
#2by:    

This is the best advice I've ever seen on this site. PNMs should take it to heart because even the sororities that others bash on here are really very loved and treasured by the girls who call them home. The people who "rate" houses only do it before recruitment. Afterward, people love their houses and don't care what anonymous internet snarks say.

Don't drop out. Keep your options open and evaluate everyday as a new day with houses that LOVE YOU. Don't waste your time on the ones who don't.

By: good advice
#3by:    

good post, good advice -- pnms pay attentions!

By: good
#4by:    

Best. Advice. Ever.

By: OK
#5by:    

follow this!!

By: true

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#6by:    

bump

By: bump

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.