facebook

3 choices...

by:    

I am an incoming freshman to A&M, and I really want to get involved in the Greek system. I have narrowed my fraternity choices to ATO, Pike, and BYX (if you do consider them Greek). A little info about myself: I don't drink, but I definitely don't mind that my friends do or being at a party where alcohol is provided. I know, it's crazy, but I really hope that my being sober isn't going to be a problem for pledging. I am Christian, (hence, the BYX consideration). That being said, I'm trying to find a Frat that fits my personality. Here is what I seem to be hearing-

BYX- A bunch of Christian guys. Like to have fun, but some guys can be kinda hipster. Money and career oriented attitudes seem to be frowned upon. (This observation is from personal experience. Definitely does NOT fit my personal attitude. Maybe I met a fluke member.)

ATO- From what I hear, seem to be service oriented. I think theyre new, so maybe theyll be desperate for pledges? Don't know about the personality of the Chapter.

Pike- No idea. From what I hear, they are a lot better than the stereotype Pike is known for. I am not sure of the personality of the chapter either, except that a lot of my sorority friends seem to like them.

Anyway, I am looking for a frat that I will fit into, and one that I hopefully wouldn't end up on national news for some stupid hazing (even though I know that there will probably be hazing now matter what I join). Any help is appreciated, and sorry for the long post!

Posted By: Pledgemaybe?
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Try all the mid tier and top tier IFC fraternities. Get to know guys from some of them and decide what you like the most, or where you'll fit in better. At the end of the day fraternities are not all about drinking and partying. We value brotherhood and commitment above everything. It's not something for college term only, it's your choice for life. You want to choose something you won't regret later.

By: aggreek
#2by:    

That's really great to hear. I really hope I'll have enough time during and before Rush to get to know the fraternities. I don't want to make a wrong decision.

By: Pledgemaybe?
#3by:    

you will find good guys in all of 3 of those fraternities.. go to their parties and a few others this fall and see where you fit in best

By: you
#4by:    

You should check out SAE and Sigma Chi, I think they'd have what you are looking for

By: hmmm
#5by:    

Ya I hear SAE doesn't haze or have big parties......

By: lol @hmmm

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#6by:    

@pledgemaybe?
As a greek member- my advice, there are some solid fraternities @ A&M.
KA and FIJI are definitely top tier and each have a solid brotherhood. Great parties, well known, and the ladies love em.
Beta, SAE, Delt, are also good, more middle-tier.
I have a roommate who is in BYX and know a few others as well. Good group of guys, but the only 'Greek' thing about them are their letters.
ATO is relatively low tier and have a variety of guys. Not very well-known in the Greek community here.

Rush a few of each kind, see what you like best. You'll end up in the right fraternity in the end.. 95% of the time. Definitely Rush though

By: advice
by: ...   

Is that your actual ranking cause it's a bit out of order?

If I were rushing, I would check out chapters in this order:

KA, FIJI (not a big fan), Beta, Delt, SAE

Then you have Sig Ep and Sigma Chi but i think the first five are the most
popular.

By: ...
#7by:    

^@ ...

Here's how I would rank, similar to yours..

Top Tier:
KA
Fiji (not a big fan either)

Middle Tier:
Beta
Delt
SAE

Bottom Tier:
Sig Ep
Sigma Chi
then whoever else after

By: @ ...
#8by:    

I think Beta, Delt and SAE are a bit better than your typical mid tier chapter.

By: mmm
by: hmmm   

but do they love SOSA?

By: hmmm
#9by:    

back to the OP

ATO - only been on campus a year, nice guys getting some good guys pledging

BYX- Christian group - friendly

PIKE- Frat guys don't like them because they don't haze. Sorority girls like them because they are gentleman.

By: well
by: wha??????   

Where is this sorority girls like Pike coming from? I've never heard any sorostitutes say that.......

By: wha??????
#10by:    

bump

By: bump

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.