facebook

reaffiliate?

by:    

Just curious if I were to transfer from Oklahoma State where G Phi is a top house, would it be worth it to reaffiliate at A&M? The reviews of the house don't seem too great... fill me in!

Posted By: Just Wondering
Page 2 of 2
#11by:    

I am reluctant to make a comment on here, but I hope the folks at OSU are as skeptical about this site as we are here at A&M. A lot of us just look at this as a joke, while making sure nothing too vile is posted about our own houses (which, unfortunately, happens). I certainly hope you do not judge the Gamma Phi's by the anonymous pot-shots posted here. You want to an impartial evaluation? I am in another house that is considered mid or top tier, depending who you talk to. I think Gamma Phi is definitely an up-and-coming house. They have done well in recruitment, and definitely have a lot of spirit and strong sisterhood, from what I have seen (and the Gamma Phi girls I know from my major). I don't hear stories of major drama in their house, and they seem to party without overt sloppiness.
If you transfer to A&M, that will be your one option for Greek life, and an opportunity to contribute to Gamma Phi's success, and the success of the A&M Greek Community. I recommend you give them a try, at least, and not pay attention to the nasty name calling on here.

By: Aggie14
#12by:    

come join them!! you are new to a&m and they would provide you an immediate group and support system,

By: : )

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#13by:    

I have to admit coming into the year Gamma Phi was not a house that you wanted to be in, based solely because of their rankings. BUT within just one semester, they made a tremendous improvement. Their fall pledge class are all very social girls and have done a lot to help this chapter rise at A&M. I see pretty girls in their letters everywhere on campus, and when I was invited by my friend from fish camp who was a gphi to their Crescent Classic, I was surprised at how big of a turnout it was. Gamma Phi is definitely on the rising and has already leap frogged Theta, KD, and DZ just within one semester.. imagine what they are going to do within the next couple of years.

By: GreekLife
#14by:    

Gamma phi is a joke. My roommate last year was one... I've never seen a decent girl in gamma phi letters.

By: aggie15
#15by:    

@15 - Obviously, you have some sort of alterior motive for your comments. Also, I bet you're not Greek. In fact, I bet you didn't get a bid.

By: Really?
#16by:    

GPhi has improved here but so has most of the other houses. You cannot say they have passed other houses because that is just not true. They have gotten much better because the quality of girls we have started getting at A&M has gone up a lot. The ranking has not changed much this year... just the fall of 2 houses.

Kappa
Tri Delt
PiPhi
Zeta
DG
AXO
XO
DZ
Theta
GPhi
KD
ADPi

By: improved
#17by:    

I hope you are not a DZ that posted this post. I am a DZ and my best friend from home and still here at A&M is a GPhi. We hang out with girls from both houses and we have done a sisterhood mixer with each other this year. I think both houses have great qualities and both houses have their negative qualities just like EVERY other chapter here at A&M and across the country. I love my chapter and I know I made the right choice pledging DZ but at the same time I know my friend feels the exact same way about GPhi. I think whoever made the comment in number 14 is not one of us and is just someone trying to stir up drama. Usually that is what goes on on this website. This is my first post ever but I was really offended by that comment. I love DZ and I love GPhi and all the other chapters here at A&M. We are more united as a Panhellenic group than this website shows.

By: @ #14

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.