facebook

reaffiliate?

by: Just Wondering

Just curious if I were to transfer from Oklahoma State where G Phi is a top house, would it be worth it to reaffiliate at A&M? The reviews of the house don't seem too great... fill me in!

Posted By: Just Wondering
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: G Phi   

I want to say that they are a newer sorority on campus, as in they have only been here for about 10 years at the most. They have improved a lot in the past 4 years. I'm in another sorority and they are a solid mid - tier house now.

By: G Phi
#2  by: Just Wondering   

Gotcha! If they are a mid-tier why does everyone put them at the bottom of their rankings on here?

By: Just Wondering
#3  by: Lisa   

Because a lot of people are intimidated by the improvements they have made in the last couple of years. They've leap frogged in status over a lot of old established chapters because of their hard work and that has made some insecure beotchy girls nervous. I'd suggest you go meet them. Definitely worthwhile and it's much better to be Greek than a GDI here.

By: Lisa
#4  by: really?   

They are not a solid mid tier sorority. They are still bottom 4. That is not saying they are not a good house but all the houses at A&M are great! As stated above it is better than being GDI and there are some great girls in all the houses. But please do not even attempt to say you have made your way to the middle tier because that has not happened yet.

By: really?
#5  by: transfer   

It really doesn't hurt to transfer and give them a chance. There might be some great friendships you would miss if you decide to go alum. Their chapter is relatively new, but think of all the great things you could contribute with your experience in an established chapter! Good Luck. Greek life at A&M is wonderful and worth trying.

By: transfer
#6  by: ROFL!   

@#4 - What is the criteria for being ranked a bottom, middle, or top house? By the way, I think they ARE a middle house (just not a strong one, like XO, DG, or AXO).

@OSU girl - I looked up your chapter.....don't flatter yourself, you're not that great of a prize. There's a HUGE difference between OSU Greek and A&M Greek. I'm sure that if you choose to affiliate or not affiliate with the girls at A&M's GPhi house, they won't shed any tears over it.

By: ROFL!
#7  by: Hey!   

@6- Luv your post!

@4 - You're living in the past. GPhi is a middle tier house. That doesn't mean someone else has to move down, it just means that TAMU has one less bottom house!

@OSU - #6s response was rude, but posting your question on GR wasn't a great idea either. No matter what you decide to do, TAMU is an awesome school! You'll love it.

By: Hey!
#8  by: Haha   

#4 is obviously one of the girls in the slipping houses. That's how they slip below houses like G Phi, because they depend on their former reputations and don't concentrate on quality. Keep living in the past while the rest of us laugh at you.

By: Haha
#9  by: PPHI   

I am in one of the top tiers and have gotten to know a lot of very great Gamma Phis this year. Their reputation is still new, but their recent pledge class has made tremendous improvement to the sorority's name. They are in the line between bottom tier and low middle tier, simply because their name is not out there yet. But I do believe that Gamma Phi will surprise us all within the next couple years.

By: PPHI
#10  by: @#6   

You looked up her house's reputation on greekrank? And you assumed it was completely accurate? I almost think you're too stupid to be a student at A&M.

By: @#6

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.