by:    

EX/SAE
Fiji, KA, KS, EN
Sig Ep, Pi Kapp, Pike, LXA, DKE
Delt, Beta, ATO, Delta Tau Delta

Posted By: greek
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

Decently accurate, I'd put Phi Delt in three personally, and Theta Chi and Delta Chi probably warrant a mention.

By: Seems
by: true   

i would add phi delt, dchi and theta chi, but keep them all in four

By: true
by: I do   

Agree with Theta Chi and Delta Chi being in four, but Phi Delt feels like 3 to me, they're big, pretty Southern and have a rock solid alumni list. I also have a lot of respect for some of the small old ones like Zete and ADPhi, but they're pretty small nationally.

By: I do
#2by:    

very accurate, if the corrections listed above are made; not sure if phi delt is tier 3 though

By: surprisingly
#3by:    

everyone needs to stop with the name calling. This is A&M!! Home of JOHNNY FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By: finally
#4by:    

ranking

By: solid
#5by:    

None of this matters greek life at A&M is terrible, and cannot hold a candle to any other greek system in the SEC

By: TheRealSEC
by: Not really   

Alabama, Ole Miss, Georgia, South Carolina, Florida, LSU, Vandy, Auburn, Mizzou, Tennessee and maybe Arkansas all have A&M beat Greek life wise, but Mississippi State and Kentucky aren't terribly impressive compared to the others and A&M is probably in the running there.

By: Not really
by: gig'em   

^^Thats a pretty stupid I've been to Miss State its not bama or ole miss but without a doubt top 5 i had a bad ass time. Way better greek scene than here at a&m

By: gig'em
#6by:    

@ Sigma Nu being Tier 2.

By: LOL
by: huh   

Sigma Nu is rock solid in the South and at SEC schools, probably better than Fiji or Kappa Sig in the SEC in fact. Coming from someone who's not a Sigma Nu even, you don't really know what you're talking about.

By: huh
#7by:    

I would move ATO up a tier because of their rich history and SigEp up a tier due to their national alumni volume and presence. I would then move Pike down a tier because nationally they aren't very good.

By: Personally
by: Ehh   

I might agree with you on ATO, but Sig Ep's nationals suck enough to have weakened their fraternity in the last 20 years, closing or doing membership reviews on a lot of their best chapters (happened here too)/ Balanced Man Project, so while they're good still I think they're where they belong. Pike's national reputation is a bit mixed but they're still quite big and strong so they're probably 3 as well.

By: Ehh
#8by:    

I would bump KA down a tier. Sure they're good in the South but they are nonexistent everywhere else in country and their Nationals are recently trying to break away from the traditions KA was built on.

By: %^&

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#9by:    

^Yeah nowadays it is not uncommon to see a lot of chapters' nationals trying to modify the traditional infrastructure of the fraternity to become more "progressive" in this day and age. SAE and SX are the two main ones who seem to have stayed relatively the same although they have gone through changes as well. They both have some powerful alumni who have a big say in how operations goes.

SigEp's balanced man weakened some of their strongest chapters but improved their weaker chapters so it's a double edged sword.

KA's nationals dealt with UT's chapter the wrong way. Omicron has a rich and valuable alumni history and those guys are now supporting Omicron instead of KA. KA definitely lost a great chapter there.

LXA is a fraternity who I think has bigger presence everywhere except the South. They have been through some massive changes too.

Looking at all these fraternities from an alumni networking foothold in the real world, SAE, Sigma Chi, SigEp, and Lambda Chi all have a lot of alumni in the business world and political world.

Delt, ATO and Fiji both have a good amount too.

Basically, if you join a fraternity that is established nationally in a successful manner, you'll be alright.

I think we can all agree on one thing: damn glad we don't have a TKE chapter here. Buncha qu33rs.

By: %^&
by: Good points   

Basically all these major national fraternities have current state and federal congressmen, Fortune 500 CEOs and lots of business connections, so if you join any of them you'll probably be good in that regard.

By: Good points
by: g   

^LXA does not belong in the same category as EX or SAE and neither does Sig Ep. Though they both are solid nationally, EX and SAE are on their own level when it comes to powerful alumni

By: g
by: ^   

The reply was me a while back, I meant basically all the fraternities ranked at the top of this thread have big strong alumni bases. I agree that LXA and Sig Ep aren't on the same level as SAE and SX. My point was basically on a national scale, those 16 or however many fraternities listed above and a few more are well connected and have prominent alumni.

By: ^
by: Well   

When it comes to powerful alumni, sigma chi and sae take the cake. Although I am neither a sigchi or an sae, I give them props. Lxa and sigep, have very good alumni bases as well. Those fraternities have some of the best alumni. In terms of national rankings, I'd move lxa in the second tier and keep sigep in the third. People may say that lxa got rid of their pledgeship, which is not true. Although it's called associate membership, it's the same thing a pledging. Sigep gets negative views because of balanced men, but I know for certain that many chapters keep traditions.

I do agree with the above post that lxa has lost southern presence, that's due to it's stupid nationals. On the other hand, sigep has been gaining presence.

My two cents:
Sx, sae
Lxa, KA, ks, sn, phidelt
Phikappsi, sig ep, pike, dke, pikapp
Deltchi, dtd, ato, beta

But let's be honest all of the fraternities are very good with successful networks and alumni. I love my fraternity and I'd never change despite where I stand in the rankings, but if per chance I had to choose another fraternity to join from the above list, a lot of them would satisfy my wants.

By: Well
by: Also   

^to add, fraternities change throughout the decades. For example, lxa was strong in the south in the 90s-early 2000s while sigep was not so much. So these rankings will more than likely change when we have children, and again when they have children.

By: Also
by: ^^   

Lambda Chi's Southern presence is too weak for me to consider them tier two personally (ATO and Beta in tier four have a stronger Southern rep in my opinion). Phi Psi should be on here, but they should probably be in four. Also you forgot Fiji.

By: ^^

I'd say personally (no order in tiers)
SX, SAE
Fiji, KS, SN, KA
Sig Ep, Pike, Pi Kapp, LXA, Phi Delt, DKE
ATO, DTD, Beta, Theta Chi, Delta Chi, Phi Psi

These fraternities are all great nationally. I love my fraternity, but I'd be fine being a member of any of the above.

#10by:    

EX, SAE & LXA are top nationally but not at A&M

By: rs
by: No   

SX and SAE yeah, LXA is very good, but they're where they were rated on here, definitely not SX or SAE level, and less strong in the South than quite a few others which is a detriment.

By: No
by: so   

going thru rush, do you pledge a frat for a name like EX/SEA/LXA when they are not currently strong at A&M & be unhappy OR do you pledge a frat that is currently good but not as good nationally & have a awesome 4 years of college????

By: so
by: ^   

SAE and SX are hardly bad at A&M, but that said, Fiji and KA are two of the top fraternities here and both are somewhat stronger nationally than Lambda Chi. I'm not sure why this person put Lambda Chi on SAE and SX level. Don't get me wrong, LXA is great nationally, but they're probably the weakest Southern fraternity in tier 3.

By: ^

But the point of the matter is that anyone who made it onto this original list (plus the ones annotated in like Phi Delt, Delta Chi, Theta Chi, and Phi Psi) are all solid choices as far as connections, name recognition, size, alumni base, etc. go. There are degrees of difference between these, but there are like 80 national fraternities and these are all among the best.

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.