facebook

newsweek ranked the top nat'l sororities 8/2012

by:    

Newsweek ranked the Top National Sororities in 8/2012. These are the ones that are at Texas A&M:

1. Zeta
2. DG
3. KKG
4. ADPi
5. Chi-O
6. Pi Beta Phi
7. KD
8. Tri-Delt

11.Theta
12.DZ
13.AXO
14.GPhi

16.Sigma Kappa

Posted By: truth
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

The Newsweek ranking used Facebook and Twitter fan numbers and such to rank, it wasn't well done at all.

By: It was bad
#2by:    

Newsweek is a national magazine. Where did you get your National tiers from?

By: Jane
by: Doesn't   

excuse their terrible criteria. Princeton review is a national thing too, and their top Greek schools was absolutely terrible, including a bunch of tiny liberal arts schools with 5 GLOs over most of the SEC schools and such. Being a national magazine doesn't make you right and the criteria for the sorority rankings was frankly really bad.

By: Doesn't
#3by:    

Did you pull that out of your ass too? Just like your comment at 7:18pm yesterday on the National Tier comments when you admitted that you "likely" made all your tiers up. Newsweek is a National Magazine.

By: Oh
by: All the lists   

Are dumb, I don't agree with this one or that one.

By: All the lists
#4by:    

I always like GR but sorry Newsweek carries credibility.

By: What
#5by:    

accept it. It is what it is. Newsweek is the bomb!

By: Just
#6by:    

at least all the groups at A&M are high on the list..can't go wrong with joining any of them

By: at least
#7by:    

Newsweek article means nothing except the information it provided on how much each sorority donates to philanthropy. Judge a sorority on the quality of the schools it has chapters and how much it donates to philanthropy. On that these are the top sororities:

Theta
Kappa
Pi Phi
DG

no comparison quality (philanthropy giving and chapters at top division 1 private and state schools) over quantity (facebook & twitter likes and chapters at tier 2 schools)

By: sorry zta
#8by:    

Call Newsweek-a NATIONAL magazine & tell them that Greek Rank says they are wrong. They will laugh at you!

By: Sorry
by: Newsweek   

Is a national magazine yes. Their list still sucked and I'd say it to their faces, they aren't above criticism and anyone that uses Facebook likes and Twitter followers as major factors in their ranking doesn't deserve to be taken seriously. At least it wasn't as bad as the fraternity one they did that had a bunch of multicultural fraternities ranked near the top.

By: Newsweek
#9by:    

Read that whole article. The rankings were based off of who had to most followers on Facebook and Twitter. Yes it listed the amount given to Philanthropies but the list in order was on fb and twitter followers. The list was not to used as a who is better since that is all it was based on. I could go have my mom and aunts and cousins and grandparents follow us too but that does not make a top tier sorority. Newsweek even said that the list was made based off that but that they listed the other things also.

By: ummm

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Yeah   

that's what I was trying to say. It doesn't matter if Newsweek is a credible national magazine, the criteria used for ranking which they stated in the introduction makes it essentially a bogus list. It's probably true based on the narrow criteria used, but they were poor criteria.

By: Yeah
#10by:    

Newsweek even said in the article that their ranking was based off of number of followers on facebook and twitter so yes they credibly made a list based on that. It does not mean that is the true ranking of sororities.

By: truth

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.