facebook

flag problem at bid day

by:    

Did anyone else see Jon Mueller's photo and story about A&M Greek life? Supposedly some members of a fraternity heckled and harassed some corps guys that were trying to take down the flag.

Posted By: Aggie Greek
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

thank you sigma chi, now everyone has a real good impression of greek life.

By: yea
#2by:    

corp overdramatizes everything. Sucks for Fiji...getting bad PR with their letters in the photo and probably wasn't even them

By: The

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

He was doing his job. The frats should respect the flag enough to get out of the way and not be rude. This was not against the corp it was against respect for the flag. Get real Sig Chi and grow up. Just bc you are frat does not make you better than the American Flag. It should not have happened. I was there I saw it and it was really disgraceful. I am not saying that the corp guy was not exaggerating because he did but #5 you are acting like nothing happened when it actually did. It was unfortunate and pathetic and I hope the ones in Sig Chi were given a punishment by the guys in charge over at Sig Chi.

By: still
by: actually   

it was nothing against the flag at all... it was against the corp nerds using their "stern voice and swift action in the heat of battle" acting like the pretentious douchebags in this situation. yes we all respect our nation, acting like youre better because youre playing army and have flag duty is hilarious though. go serve in the real military if you want respect. until then, youre just a corp nerd.

By: actually
#4by:    

boom!

By: actually
#5by:    

I am not choosing sides here but I was there and both sides handled this really wrong. First of all Bid day needs to go back to the morning. Another thing the corp takes the flag down same time every day. We all know this so why did we have to be disrespectful to them. Yes he acted like he was in charge and all but even though he is not in the military for real YET or maybe never... RIGHT NOW HE IS FOR ALL PRACTICAL PURPOSES. This is A&M things are different here and TRADITION IS THAT WE RESPECT THE CORPS. All things frat should not take top priority over years and years of tradition. Both sides of this need to start respecting the other because neither is going away. Grow up frat guys and move out of the way. Yes that corp kid had the authority to do what he did. We did not have the right to party by the flags we just thought we did. Grow up. Respect tradition. We are Aggies first and Aggie Greek 2nd please remember that.

By: Not choosing
#6by:    

someone said the truth... we may not like it but the Corp will not go away at A&M and we both need to respect each other. It is both sides fault and everyone needs to quit blaming it all on the other. But as 8 said we are Aggies first and Aggie greeks second. Both IFC and Panhellenic make that perfectly clear to us. And if it comes down to it A&M university is going to ALWAYS support the Corp over frats. Just respect each other and all the tradition please.

By: Finally

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.