facebook

letters of rec

by:    

How many letters of rec should a pnm have for each sorority?

Posted By: pnm
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

the more the better, especially for the good sororities. It doesn't hurt to get three but if you can't you'll still be fine, some houses kept pulling me through even though I didn't even have a RIF

By: pc15
by: Uh...   

so your answer is "the more the better" even though you yourself state that letters of rec won't make you as a pnm? "the more the better" philosophy can get to be too much like the poster below me is saying (who is gonna read >3 recs for each PNM for each house?) when there are other things that are more important to work on once you have the necessary amount of recs (like conversation skills).

OP, I got 2 for each house and that was just fine. I'm with the poster named "So" that 2 for each house sets you up nicely, and I wouldn't get many more than 3. By "pc15"'s own admission, recs aren't the most important part of recruitment, but I would have 2 for each house just because I wouldn't want to give anyone an easy reason to cut me.

Some sororities require recs before they will bid you. Mine does.

By: Uh...
by: ya sorry   

I forgot to mention I was a legacy (sister from A&M) for a top house and pretty much knew where I was going/what houses I could see myself in (I know a lot of people in a lot of houses) so some of the ones I couldn't see myself in I did not bother to get anything for. Sorry if it was misleading to say that you don't need a RIF or letter of rec..I just remember talking to girls in one of the houses (mid tier) that I liked and saying that I was afraid I wasn't gonna come back since I didn't even submit a RIF and they told me that they don't consider just what you're like on paper, and that they care more about what impression you make in person. BUT also, I know that our house recommends three..it's not so much "wow they said great stuff about this person" it's more like "wow a lot of people think this person would make a great ___".
and yes I stand by the more the better. how you rush means sooo much more than how many recs you have, but some houses will not consider you without them, and they DO care how many you get. It just depends on what houses you're considering. and I know the whole "keep an open mind" thing and trying for every house but don't stress out if you can't get a letter for a house! It's not the end of the world. It just helps a lot. but you can still get in a house without one

By: ya sorry
#2by:    

Generally I'd say 2 for each house. 3 is fine, but honestly I feel like at a certain point it just gets to be too much/ridiculous

By: So
#3by:    

I had none for lower top tier and received a bid....for damn's sake. This is A&M, not freaking tu. It's a bunch of junk that you need 3 just in case and 2 as standard. Get what you can and don't worry. Greek life hear is inclusive, not exclusive. You will be fine with what you can get.

By: truth

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.