facebook

Does anyone else feel bad about AOPI? Let’s help KD

by: hopeful

When aopi was on campus people talked about them like it was social suicide to join but isn’t it kind of crazy to think that about how girls performed during rush? Like rush is a couple days of someone’s life but it dictates their social standing for the 4 years they are here. With Kappa Delta coming let’s as a community treat them like individuals. If someone lined up pictures of 13 girls there’s no way you could accurately tell what house someone was in, what clubs they’re in, or what their gpa is. You have to treat the bottom tier and new chapters like they have a chance the same way if you met someone outside of Greek life you’d judge them just by who they are not by some letters, the more houses there are means the more girls that get to experience the good (and bad) parts of being in a sorority, let’s come back in the fall with that mindset so we don’t lose any more houses and Tcu actually becomes as welcoming as it can be

Posted By: hopeful
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: hi pnm's   

i fully agree! everyone should enjoy their sorority no matter social status or wtv.

By: hi pnm's
#2  by: .   

What makes a kappa vs a dg vs an axo vs a chi o vs a phi mu different? Almost nothing, sororities pick girls based off of a couple conversations there are girls in my house who I don’t like and girls in others that are my best friends. The sororities don’t really have values like some do, mine uses values during recruitment to pick, but even then it’s kind of fake. We just assign the “values” to girls we like and what do we like them off of a couple minutes. I was super disillusioned once I saw the other side of it it’s so random everyone should be nice because a g phi was only randomly picked from being a theta or an axo. It’s not a value indicator it is so randomly picked and the people who say it’s not say that because it worked for them and it worked for me too but I have friends who it didn’t. It’s random so be nice

By: .
#3  by: wow   

You lost me at "it dictates their social standing for the 4 years they are here." That attitude negated every single thing you said about not judging by letters. You are preaching to others out of one side of your mouth with your own hipocrisy coming out the other.

By: wow
by: HuhMay 22, 2023 6:22:19 AM

Think they’re saying it shouldn’t limit their social standing the whole post is about saying how it shouldn’t but at the time it did

By: Huh
#4  by: True   

One thing I will say is that KD is wayyy better nationally than AOPI. They do really well across the nation. That will help them more than when AOPI was here. Still just because they are new here doesn’t mean they are bad. I do agree that we need to support them

By: True
by: .May 23, 2023 8:47:12 PM

I don’t think national standing really means anything there are some sororities at TCU that nationally are good but aren’t special here and ones that are good here but nationally aren’t. In general though people just need to treat everyone like an individual just because she has certain letters doesn’t mean she isn’t fun or couldn’t get a bid somewhere else the same way someone could be in your house and not be someone you like

By: .
#5  by: fact   

There was nothing wrong with being an AOPI when they were on campus and there is nothing wrong with being in a newer or lower reputation house now. Maybe they were shy during recruitment, maybe they didn’t know how recruitment worked, maybe their mom or sister is one at another school and really wanted the tradition, maybe they just really clicked with those girls, maybe they slipped through the cracks at other houses, and again maybe they literally wanted that house bc they liked the girls over the reputation. They still get the sisterhood, the philanthropy, the built in friends, they just don’t have the frats and even then girls in low tier sororities still have dates to formals and still date guys in probably every but at least most frats here if you’re hot and fun you really think a guy will care that much about your letters? So then even the low tier sororities like AOPI was have the same experience so no one should feel bad about being in one or look down on them

By: fact

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.