facebook

transfer rush

by: futurerushee

I'm transferring to Penn and plan on rushing. I'm interested in joining a top tier frat or maybe tier 2. What do those houses look for in guys? Is it looks, money, personality?

Posted By: futurerushee
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: sophomore   

money, personality (and kind of looks/athleticism but not really), and friend group. if you want top tier you should have two of the above plus connections within the fraternity, only exception to that is phi delt who really flesh everything out during actual rush. with that said with regards to phi delt you need to hit the ground running and make at least one or two solid connections with brothers. mid-tier (sigma chi/kappa sig and friends) you'll be fine. top tier fraternities (including SAE/beta/pikapp as top tier) know 85% of their pledge class before rush even starts and they almost always know of the other 15%. the key is that you need to make an impression and talk to as many brothers as possible

By: sophomore
#2  by: futurerushee   

Thanks for that advice.

But how can I get to know the brothers before rush? I don't go to Penn yet, is there a way for me to reach out to them so I can get to know them?

By: futurerushee
by: jhjDec 15, 2014 12:23:20 AM

No need at all. The worst thing you can do is be annoying/try way too hard. Just be yourself and check out the different houses during open rush without any previous biases and see what's up. It will work out if you're a normal kid.

By: jhj
#3  by: futurerushee   

Is being a minority a disadvantage?

By: futurerushee

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.